Poor Birdies' Bad Day!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Djleighk15, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Birdie

Birdie Newbie

Truck:
    1980 pickup
    MAN.. woke up this morning and felt like I got hit by a car!! :Dhahahaha But really, I'm totally fine lol I didnt even go to the hospital, only thing I got was a few scratches on my hand from the glass on the ground when the guy pulled me out of the car. And yeah i'm a little sore but other then that I'm all good! God i'm so glad Kevin wasnt in the car! It would have been much worse!

2. nvrenufedge

nvrenufedge Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    bagged '93 std cab
    Yes, good to see you're ok.

As far as a lawsuit or anything. You can still just sue enough to replace what some idiot takes away from you cause they're not paying attention. Back in '04 I bought a car for my wife on our 5th anniversary, 6 months later she was involved in an accident and her car was totaled. We had to go out and buy a new car cause some jackass wasn't paying attention, turned into a parking lot early, t-boned a Subaru, the Subaru flew into my wifes car as she was waiting to pull out. He caused over $15k in damage (both cars were totaled). He was ticketed, then drove off.

3. JDSnake

JDSnake Veteran

Truck:
    79 longbed
    You still need to go to the hospital or call your doctor and set up a apointment. Damage from accidents can take years to show up. The soreness you feel now is often mistaken by people as normal. But it may be hiding other damage that was done.

This is not to worry you or scare you, it is meant to help.

I have a co-worker that broke his foot in a car accident, and because he disregaurded his doctor's advice to stay off his foot and give it proper healing time. It didn't heal proper and one bone started wearing against another bone and did alot of damage. 5 years of his foot just being occasionally sore, which he thought was normal for having broken it. Well that bone got worn through and ripped some tendons and meta things. 3 sugeries and 2 titanium bones later his foot is finally repaired. Alot of money wasted, work missed, and pain endured for such a simple thing.

We all think doctor's are over paid idiot's, but sometimes they actually know what they are doing.

So just go get checked out, PLEASE. ( I even said please, :D )

4. Birdie

Birdie Newbie

Truck:
    1980 pickup
    Yeah I'm going to the doctors for sure to get check out. I just didnt really feel the need to go to the hospital right then because I felt fine and I just wanted to get home. I still feel fine right now, little sore but thats bout it, no sharp pains or anything. But I will be getting a renters car here soon tomorrow and I'm hopin I will get enough to get a decent car. Lookin at a honda civic or somethin nice and reliable. But I'll keep ya updated with whats going on. I know he got a ticket, and he didnt disagree that he ran the light so I dont think I'll have any problems with getting what I am owed. But I know I'm not going to like be sueing him for more, I just want what I am owed so I can get a new car lol

5. 79muttyota

79muttyota Enthusiast

Truck:
    79 sr5
    I remember i was in the hospital so long I became immune to Morphine. so i got bumped up the dilaudid whick is 10 timees the strength of morphine. now that was some good ****.:verdict_in::runaway::eyecrazy::drool: