4runner interior swap

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by 89TOY808, Aug 5, 2009.

1. joeynational

joeynational Toyotaholic

Truck:
    91 2WD
    it gets ground when you bolt it in, they are both power, one for map lights one for door

2. smctoy

smctoy Toyotaholic

Truck:
    91 xcab...
    X2 on this!

3. yota4life

yota4life Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1991 xcab 2wd 4cyl
    I want tilt steering so bad.

4. Da_Roach

Da_Roach Toyotaholic

Truck:
    (1) 92 RN80 (1) 2002 RZN150
    So can i just tap into the power of the regular dome light so they both come on? What is the best way for the map light?

5. sherbasm

sherbasm Newbie

Truck:
    94 xcab 4x4
    with the map light, i'm assuming you should just be able to run wiring into the dome light itself...i made an LED dome light for myself and kinda jerry-rigged two 2-LED clusters next to my stock mirror (until i find a nice map cluster like the one pictured) and they all turn on with the door/switch on the dome. i'm almost 100% sure they ground when they're screwed into the liner.

6. cal1drop

cal1drop Newbie

Truck:
    91 single cab, short bed yota
    i also wnats to know bout the tilt colum. is it just plug and play type of thing?

7. Mayhem Industriez

Mayhem Industriez Member

Truck:
    91 single cab
    Will 4runner bucket seats built right in to the stock location of an ext cab p/u?

8. sherbasm

sherbasm Newbie

Truck:
    94 xcab 4x4
    i just went to a local pick-a-part and found a blue 4runner dome light to match my blue interior. i already had some homemade led dome lights wired up from the stock dome light --- http://my350z.com/forum/body-interior-exterior-and-lighting-diy/436998-diy-led-dome-lights.html

i just ran wiring from the stock dome light under the headliner and around the top of the windshield and spliced it to the 4runner light setup.

looks freaking awesome with all LEDs lit up

9. joeynational

joeynational Toyotaholic

Truck:
    91 2WD
    can someone please respond quick, going to get some parts from a 4runner on CL, do the power windows/regulators work on our trucks? being the glass is slightly different on 4runners? also the interior door handle, not pull close handle but the handle to open door, i'm wondering if the linkage is too short? TIA

10. Da_Roach

Da_Roach Toyotaholic

Truck:
    (1) 92 RN80 (1) 2002 RZN150
    I know the outer door handles swap right over as do the interior ones. Have not tried the windows yet.

11. joeynational

joeynational Toyotaholic

Truck:
    91 2WD
    curious if the linkage for the interior handles will work because the 4runner doors being shorter..

12. mprtftr

mprtftr Enthusiast

Truck:
    94 Reg Cab
    If all you're replacing is the interior handle, shouldn't you be able to use the existing linkage that is already in the door? You should be able to just connect the linkage to the handle, right? Not trying to sound clueless or anything, but why would the length of the linkage matter?

13. burnzya

burnzya Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    bodied 73 hilux
    i'd bet that they swap right in to the manual doors. but you'd need the control module and the wiring. i'm trying to remove all that wiring from my v6 runner harness and install it into my 22r harness but i suck at wiring and it's hard.

doors are the same length only difference is the top sheetmetal. truck is rounded, 4 door runner is straight.

14. joeynational

joeynational Toyotaholic

Truck:
    91 2WD
    I would do that, but I don't have any interior door handles right now. I'm all solenoid to get in and out..Now I want my handles back in the inside and can't find them or the linkage anywhere!!:brickknock:

The control module is that green box that says "door module" or something like that right? I wanted to get it yesterday from that guys 4runner but didn't want to waste the money if it didn't fit or work..

So your going to put the 4runner power windows in the pickup??

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  15. TwinTurboTaco

TwinTurboTaco Enthusiast

Truck:
    92 2X
    No. Doors are shorter - try swapping door panels and you'll see. For that reason the wiring harness in the door may be a little short to make it to the door lock.

If I remember correctly the 4Runners use a different window regulator mechanism than the pickups without wing windows. The 4Runner uses regulators similar to the wing window pickups.

The green, sometimes blue, power door control box will work with either pickups or 4Runners, just cap the wires associated with the rear doors.