smoke

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by toyotarnfreak, Jan 24, 2010.

1. toyotarnfreak

toyotarnfreak Member

Truck:
    89 std cab

Attached Files:

2. project_DragTruck_v2.0

project_DragTruck_v2.0 Veteran

I wish you had better pics of the plugs.

I have no idea what that crap is on the primary of your carb, but you might wanna clean it.

3. toyotarnfreak

toyotarnfreak Member

Truck:
    89 std cab
    i was mainly just showing that they are all burning and that if water was getting in to one of the cylinders then it would be clean.
    and im going to clean the carb just though id let you see what i saw when i opened the hood

4. IronNam

IronNam Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 XCab
    I swear an alien infestation is growing in your carb as if it was Dead Space

5. My92pickup

My92pickup Newbie

Truck:
    92 xcab 3.0v6 4x4
    Ok I have a few questions.
    1. How often do you drive the truck? Is it a daily driver or do you use it for small trips maybe 5 miles or under. My sister had a car that she bought from a little old lady and it did the same thing. What we found out is that a byproduct of combustion is condensation and enough condensation will turn into pools of water. This water collected in the oil pan and made its way to the top of the valves screwing up the valve seals allowing oil to seep past the seals down the valve stems into the combustion chamber. Causing blasts of smoke at stops and such.

2. Is the crap in your primary jelly like?

3. What does you exhaust smell like? Just take a quick wif. Don't want you to pass out!

6. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    Head gasket!! Get a hydrocarbon test done ,if present in tne coolant,it's a head gasket. You can also preform a leak down test.
    I lost my head gasket last year ,in my Pro Street LC engine & low mileage on this engine! It happens,had the head checked for straightness & warpage & milled .018, good to go!!:cool:

7. toyotarnfreak

toyotarnfreak Member

Truck:
    89 std cab
    ok well yesterday i got some head gasket sealant. i did this only cause i cant afford the down time to change it and right now my garage is kinds full with the lemans in it so i put that in and it hasnt acted up yet. and i planned on changing every thing come the summer. yes the primary on the carb was a slimy kind of film but i got a rag a brush and a **** load of carb cleaner and got everything cleaned up. so everything is good as of now. did some donuts in the snow this morning.

8. Badlux

Badlux Enthusiast

Truck:
    87 xtra cab
    From what I see, those plugs are old and worn. You see how the electrode on the plug is rounded. It should be flat and squared.