1UZ-FE Engine swap

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by Toyota530, Aug 22, 2009.

1. oahu grown

oahu grown Toyotaholic

Truck:
    92 Extra Cab
    Oh ok thanks for the info

I thought the SC400s did come with manual its just super hard to find.

2. Gaslight

Gaslight Member

The first year of the SC400 a stick was available. I only know of one that is an orginal US vehicle in LA. There were almost none sold and it was dropped as an option half way through the first year in the US market. If you go over to Lextreme and start doing some reading you will come up with just about all your answers. There are a number of people here in the states making different adapters now. The two Australian companies making the adapters are making the best ones so far though that I know of.

Also forget the 22RE harness. It won't be used. Just like the Toyota vehicles the Lexus vehicle harness's are all on there own. Dropping Pheonix tuning an email will make the harness easy especially if you are going manual. He will make one for you and drop it in your lap labled and ready to go. His prices are very resonable as well. I think the auto conversions run better. I have all the parts now to do another using the auto. I just use a paddle shifter on the steering wheel.

Jake

3. JamesD

JamesD Veteran

Truck:
    93 Reg cab
    Are you sure your not confused with the SC300? They got a stick. I never heard of any stick UZ coming to the states.

James

4. Gaslight

Gaslight Member

James you are right. I got the models screwed up. I blame my advancing years.

Jake

5. IronNam

IronNam Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 XCab
    Its fine, no UZ's had manuals.

Things can get a lil lost sometimes, other than that, uzswap.com has plenty of info

6. burnzya

burnzya Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    bodied 73 hilux

i took your advice and contacted dr. tweak. he said my stock harness is fine, and he'll build me a brand new harness including all the fuses and relays for $400, that will hook to the battery and ignition switch!:clapping:

thanks for mentioning them!:waytogo:

7. IronNam

IronNam Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 XCab
    anyway...

1UZ-FE comes in variants from 89 til whenever. This is the 4.0L Lexus Aluminum V8 with 4V per cylinder. DOHC also.
    Early 1UZ's have the thickest rods (strongest!) and dont have VVT-i.
    Later down the road, 1UZ's recieve VVT-i, but then as it progresses, the newer they get, they get thinner rods. (if you plan to boost, get Early 1UZ rods or Lextreme HBeam rods).

Then comes the 2UZ. This is the 4.7L IRON BLOCK V8 of the group. It has 4V per cylinder, DOHC, but never came in a VVT-i variant from what i know. I think there might have been though.... but then, its the heavy one. it has weak rods, thats why TRD's Supercharger sales were bad... the boost killed rods.

Last of all comes the 3UZ-FE i've been obsessed with. Basically a VVT-i 1UZ... except, it has 4.3L of displacement (more bore). has thin rods also, but swap your rods out for early 1UZ rods... would be sick eh? 2001 Lexus GS430 went from 0-60 within 5-6seconds.... that's a pretty heavy car too, much heavier than our trucks.

What I really wanna do is find a 3UZ-FE to put in my truck, swap out the rods, do some headwork, manual.. oh yeahh. I figured maybe a single turbo and i'd have a truck that would outperform the 1 or 2JZ swap :D