TPS experts?

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by Bagged_Soon, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Bagged_Soon

Bagged_Soon Enthusiast

Truck:
    9treeze
    I was checking my TPS a day ago to make sure everything was good since i rebuilt my 22R-E i was having some small timming issues and happend to come accross this. I cant get a Ohm reading on the IDL and E2 pins no matter what. All the other readings are good off the other pins. Does this mean my TPS is Bad? I have a little hesitation when i exellerate while driving.

Thats why i was checking my adjustment of the TPS. Right now my timming sits at 12 without a jumper because my idle wont drop when i jump my connections.

I used this link as a guide of testing my TPS.
    http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTricks/TPS/index.shtml

like i said every thing else checks off as good except the IDL and E2 check.

:confused:

2. Bagged_Soon

Bagged_Soon Enthusiast

Truck:
    9treeze
    cant belive no one here is a expert

3. Gaslight

Gaslight Member

If you cannot get a reading at one of the specified points it usually means you have a bad spot on the TPS. When you jumper the diagnostic plug does the check engine light flash at all?

Jake

4. Bagged_Soon

Bagged_Soon Enthusiast

Truck:
    9treeze
    Ok got it fixed. :clapping: Finnally, the reason i was not getting a reading was because my idl screw was to far out witch means my throttle was not closing all the way so it wouldnt detect a reading. Got it all adjusted perfectly started it up and re-did my timing, it was retarded quite a bit.

I only warmed up the truck a few times while it was retarded before i fixed the idle screw, did i do any damage?