OBS "Build" thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jetas, Jan 15, 2023.

1. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Long story short, I kinda guilt tripped my dad into giving up this '95 1500 Silverado. He inherited a '68 Chevelle Malibu from my grandpa. It was supposed to be mine and he ended up selling it a few years before i came of driving age.

sometime between 1997-2002
    [​IMG]

Drove it home around May 2020 after it sat for over a year at my dads place. Trans was having issues, wasn't downshifting to 1st. I didn't get around to messing with it til around March 2022

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I already had the parts to attempt a repair. Luckily shift solenoids and a new filter did the trick. Got her back on the road.

Got some Cooper Cobras on the stock Sport/SS wheels, new grille my dad had been given and new lights with LEDs up front

[​IMG]

2. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    My wife helped me clean up the interior, she busted out the Bissell and hit the seats, took about 20 years of gunk out the material, probably still about 5 years of gunk left lol. Stripped the old faded tint (steamer works AMAZING for this) Got new tint, combo of 5% rear and 20% front.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After this I replaced the stereo, front speakers, added an alarm w/remote start.

Had an issue a few months ago with it not staying on, turned out to be the rubber line from the pump to the hard line had split and I was losing fuel pressure. Put a new pump in it, hopefully it will last another 290k miles like the original.

Right before Xmas, it died in me and left me stranded at work, had to get her towed home.

[​IMG]

I'm still not 100% what the issue was but a new starter seems to have solved the problem. Just got it back on the road last week.

[​IMG]

Wifey recently got me some Weather Tech liners. And I replaced the door courtesy lights today.

3. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    Looks clean,though will never be a Mini Truck!

4. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Not at all and luckily this one is in addition to the Hilux. Its a whole different driving experience than the mini

TRUCK ACTION likes this.