1990 Standard Cab Long Bed Build

Discussion in '1989-1995 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by Broot, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Broot

Broot Newbie

I have a few things done to the truck from before making this thread, but here is everything from here on out.
    What it started as
    https://imgur.com/a/vEZYMiN

cmfranco likes this.
  2. Broot

Broot Newbie

New Wheels I picked up yesterday on offerup for $150 and spent an additional $150 to put 2 new tires on.
    they're some pretty nice mustang Cobra rims, they look pretty big on the truck and I'm not sure if i like them enough to want to replace the front tires as well or if I want to trade them for something else, but maybe they will grow on me. Surprisingly they don't rub at all which is pretty rad
    Also the bigger rims upgrading from 15's to 18's made my 4 inch lowering blocks look like nothing so I'm thinking of dropping it an additional 1-2 Inches which may end up with me just notching the frame, and rolling some fenders
    18x9 in the rear with 265x35 tires and 18x8.5 in front with 245x40 tires in the front
    https://imgur.com/a/re7t40m

_Quickfox likes this.
  3. Broot

Broot Newbie

Got around to doing the clear blinkers on the truck, rolled the rear fenders slightly, and have been acquiring tools to get this thing ready for body work and paint, just waiting for a good deal on a stud welder/ dent puller on the market places to get it started [​IMG]
    https://imgur.com/a/tUpbsNW
    [​IMG]

4. BatryOpratedBoy

BatryOpratedBoy Enthusiast

Truck:
    Brave Little Toaster (Diana) and Salsa Verde (Traction Control)
    Man that's some good freaking progress really fast-like. I'm pissed lol everyone always finds these killer deals for rims. Keep it up though dude!

_Quickfox likes this.
  5. Broot

Broot Newbie

Going to make a few post at all at once right now just to log some progress.

Worked out a deal on a 95 4Runner v6 with rodknock for 100$
    Took the front seats, clock, dash bezel for double cupholder, fenders, grille, hood, headlights, fender liners, bumpers etc.
    Put all the fenders on and got stuck when i realized I had to modify the core support for the headlights/grille so I resorted to just putting the front bumper on and storing the rest for a later date.

UPDATE: been like 6 months since above

Just picked up a set off Belltech drop spindles off of a dude named Mikey (minitrucksnzerofucks) i met at the salinas meet for YodaGang meet

bringing the front down another two inches i had to raise it up about 4 turns on the the torsion bars for a suitable rub with the 18s rides really good when im not hitting potholes at 80 on the freeway

Also scored a free set of trd center caps on the alignment shop

PICS
    https://imgur.com/a/dt33668

Erwin Merida likes this.
  6. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    LEXXXI - angry '93 ShortBed
    Yo those cobra wheels look sick on your truck.

7. Broot

Broot Newbie

Thank you, I’m looking to trade them if anyone is interested in the NorCal area

Erwin Merida likes this.
  8. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    Those drop spindles make magic happen. Haha tuck good too. Did you end up rolling the fenders?

9. Broot

Broot Newbie

I poped the fender liners out and bent the metal tabs up and did a very minimal fender roll

Erwin Merida likes this.
  10. Broot

Broot Newbie

Truck is officially slammed :D, As it sits in these pics it is on 2in DJM LCAs, Beltech Drop Spindles, and down a little bit on the torsion bars. In the rear its on lowering leafs with 3in blocks (I have 4in blocks ordered) and notched the frame. had cut out the fender wells and to go down to a 245 35 r17 tire to make everything fit nice with VERY minimal rubbing. only issue now is the front subframe crossmember likes to smack the ground on big bumps.
    PICS https://imgur.com/a/ZfSxQJS

yotaman95 and Erwin Merida like this.
  11. Broot

Broot Newbie

6 months since my last update, did a some temporary paint work on the front clip to make it look presentable until I can afford to paint the whole truck, then got some Enkei RPF1s looked pretty good, then the headgasket blew at 351k. within two weeks did a full top end refresh and timing chain put back together running.
    Then I bought truck number two a red 91 short bed with beltech leafsprings, and drop spindles off of one of my mini truck buddies that pretty much needed the same exact thing, it had jumped a tooth on timing. truck came with a new head, gasket kit, so did the same refresh. after getting that one on the road I swaped the RPF1s on to that one and just picked up a set of Starion wheels for the blue truck.
    PICS:https://imgur.com/a/rpMyPbm

Erwin Merida likes this.
  12. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    Damn.. pure envy!! Haha nice come up. Is the different wheel base significantly noticable? I think that extra foot just makes this gen look reeal good.

13. Broot

Broot Newbie

So the long bed is a auto fully loaded 22re model so it’s a lot heavier, but the short bed is a base model, no p/s, no a/c, manual so it feels like a rocket ship compared to the blue truck

Erwin Merida likes this.
  14. Robintoyo

Robintoyo Newbie

Beautiful work! ) Please keep us posted on your progress.

15. Ponyryd

Ponyryd Enthusiast

Nice work, finished engine looks really clean.
    Are those real RPF1s? The spokes look funny to me.

16. Broot

Broot Newbie

Yes they are real, when you get them in smaller sizes I believe anything less than 9” wide you get the bubble face rather than the flat spokes

Ponyryd likes this.
  17. Broot

Broot Newbie

What's going on guys, been a while since my last update on the truck, but it finally looks good! :)
    Since the last post I've sold the Red Pickup I had and the Enkei RPF1s,

Finally found a new to me replacement long bed box, drove about an 1 hour up to Sacramento CA, to pick it up for $800 :( but its the first one I've been able to find in 5/6 years of owning the truck.

Me and my pops knocked out the body work to the best of our abilities and got it wrapped by a local homie that sponsored it, the color is Cool Blue by Teck Wrap, wrapped by Medusas Layer

Also sanded and polished the faces and lips on the Starion wheels, Traded my 4 runner bucket seats for a clean bench, but its grey rather than blue so I want to get it reupholstered, and I am currently working on redoing the audio system for the third time.
    truck is coming together nicely cant wait for air ride :D
    PICTURES
    https://imgur.com/a/Iu5UgYv

Erwin Merida likes this.
  18. Ponyryd

Ponyryd Enthusiast

Looks great! Is that an actual roll pan on the back? I’m rockin the bumper delete, lol. Planning to do stereo in mine eventually, x cab thoug so I think I can put some speakers in the lower bins under the seats, but I really don’t know yet.