Hello from the Great White North!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by mileageman, Nov 10, 2022.

1. mileageman

mileageman Newbie

Truck:
    92 xcab V6 2WD 5spd
    Hello

I joined this forum in 2011, and have enjoyed reading it over the years. And I'm FINALLY going to get around to doing some long long overdue work on my 1992 V6 1ton extracab. I'll be more active on here in the near future. I hope to get my neglected truck back on the road for summer 2023.

Cheers
    Mileageman

Erwin Merida and _Quickfox like this.
  2. Ponyryd

Ponyryd Enthusiast

Welcome! Project car sounds cool too…..

_Quickfox likes this.
  3. _Quickfox

_Quickfox Enthusiast

What's up bud, get that thing going! What kinda plans you got for it?

Welcome to TM :drunk:

4. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    Welcome aboard

5. mileageman

mileageman Newbie

Truck:
    92 xcab V6 2WD 5spd

The pickup was my daily from 2010 to 2015. Then just used for trips to home depot, the dump and other truck stuff until 2018. It is pretty close to stock at the moment. Just a LCE intake kit, optima yellow top battery and Roll-n-lock toneau cover.

Someone tried to steal it in 2018, used a screw driver on both door locks & ignition. It hasn't run since then. So first order of business is to replace the ignition & door locks. Since it hasn't run in almost 5 years now, I will be replacing the engine oil and attempting to start it. Once I get it running, and know the engine is worth throwing money at, then the fun begins.

Timing belt (already have LCE kit)
    shim valves
    clean intake manifold
    EGR delete (already have LCE kit)
    new exhaust (already have LCE kit)
    new alternator (already have LCE high amp)
    new radiator (already have LCE radiator & black magic fan)
    all new hoses under the hood, including Vacuum (already have LCE kits)
    Anything else I find on the engine, perhaps head gaskets & exhaust cross over delete
    new Clutch
    install 'new' transmission, I found one at a local wreckers 10 years ago that the truck only have 36,000km, paid $250 for it.
    Install LCE short shifter (already have it)
    all new suspension bushings, wheel bearings, ball joints, tie rod ends, shocks, etc
    Install belltech drop spindles and sway bars (already have)
    new brakes all around (will probably upgrade to some sort of front BBK & rear disks)
    I will probably pony up to the StabFab rack & pinion & coilover kits
    rebuild rear diff/axle, it has a clunk in it and too much play. I have a 89 supra MKIII LSD to install
    get the drive shaft rebuilt
    4wd front fenders
    better tires & wheels

That should be enough work for 2023. In the past I was always planning on doing a bunch of stuff to it, as you can see I purchased a lot of parts for it already.

I need this thing running by summer time, I have a fair amount of home improvement projects / yard projects to do. I need a pickup again. Now after Covid I'm back working a 28-28 rotation offshore, I hope to get it into my garage in February and have it back on the road by early May.

When I get home in a few weeks, I'll grab some pictures of it and start a build thread. I wish this site got as much traffic as some of the FaceBook groups, as I much prefer forum formats than social media. As I believe forums are a much better place to 'deposit' knowledge, tech tips, personal build logs, etc. But times are changing and I might try some of the social media stuff.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2022
    _Quickfox likes this.