Greetings from the Great Land and other parts to the south

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Arctic Taco, Sep 30, 2022.

1. Arctic Taco

Arctic Taco Newbie

Truck:
    1985 Toyota DLX pickup, LWB, 4x4, 22R, 5 spd
    Hello all,
    Excited to be on board here.
    7EA0E0A5-88F6-40DD-8F94-25EE6744B4B3.jpeg Looking forward to learning a lot and sharing my meager knowledge of the older rigs.
    Steve here from central Alaska, and my friend Roland.
    Meet Roland, an 85 Toyota pickup (HiLux?) North American in origin. Roland is a long wheelbase-7 foot bed 4x4 with a 22R- 2.4L?, 5 speed manual transmission and about 189K miles on the clock.

Current modifications are minimal, reworked suspension- added a few leaves(from a 79 Toyota rear suspension- mainly a couple add a leafs and some other salvaged bits- and new Skyjacker shocks on all four corners. He has recently received a rebuilt long block, with an RV cam and a Weber 32 with an Offenhauser intake, Trail gear header, and a ProFlow cat back exhaust system.

Roland is primarily a daily driver/commuting/work truck.
    Long term goals will be the go though the drive train, possible re gear( want to run 235/85 R16” tires load range D/E) replace the front hubs and very warped front rotors with my Tacoma calipers and vented rotors for a long overdue brake upgrade, maybe a Warn M8000, rework the salvaged front bumper, replace the bed with a 92” flatbed/headache rack combo- before the cancer in the bed gets too bad. Maybe sound deadening the cab- kinda noisy with the Goodrich Commercials currently on the truck. Definitely upgrade the moose lights, and charging system-GM alternator, maybe even repaint the cab.

So up until last year he was my truck for driving out to my job at the Wonder Lake Ranger station in Denali National Park. As the road is closed at the moment due to a climate related landslide-we’re seeing quite a few of those these days, it seemed like as good a time as any to replace the tired original motor. At this writing I am still ironing out some of the kinks, carb adjustments and timing mostly but he is showing great promise.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2022
  2. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Welcome to TM

3. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    Welcome aboard

4. 83pickup

83pickup Enthusiast

Truck:
    1983 22R Long Bed 5-Speed
    Hard-working 'yota, nice!

Arctic Taco likes this.
  5. Arctic Taco

Arctic Taco Newbie

Truck:
    1985 Toyota DLX pickup, LWB, 4x4, 22R, 5 spd
    Thanks all for the welcome. I am looking for some info on upgrading the instrument cluster to one from a 4Runner with full instrumentation.

_Quickfox likes this.