18rc Weber routing?

Discussion in 'Frequently Asked Questions' started by northoak, Dec 5, 2021.

1. northoak

northoak Member

Hi y'all. I've bought a pretty rough 1974 Chinook back in the summer with what appears to be a weber 32/36. It runs ok but it recently began having a rough idle that sometimes stalls out, especially when coasting to a stop in neutral. At first I figured its a lil colder now so I probably just need to turn the idle up a touch. That hasn't really solved the problem. The previous owner did a pretty messy job of things, I've going through it slowly getting rid of some questionable wiring, tightening some loose bolts, cleaning up the grounds etc.

While snooping around I noticed the line to the vacuum advance on my distributor doesn't actually supply any vacuum. This got me wondering if this thing is even set up properly to begin with. I figure that should be the first step before adjusting timing and idle.

Does anyone have a diagram for how to set up a weber on an 18rc? I see alot of info out there for a 22r but not the 18.

Any suggesting what might be causing my recently developed idle troubles? My first thought was to clean up grounds which didn't help. My next thought is to check the resistance of my plug wires, pull wires one at a time to check for a miss and search for some air leaks.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

2. northoak

northoak Member

ooops I meant to post this the pre 75 section! please delete :-0