Exhaust homework.

Discussion in '1989-1995 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by Erwin Merida, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    LEXXXI - angry '93 ShortBed
    So in the conquest to finishing my engine rebuild, exhaust is not left behind. I can almost call this and autozone/amazon solution I came up with with plenty of options left on the table for future mods. I will wrap the header to the collector and create a 'splash guard' for it. I have more fittings laying around all for 2 and a quarter piping!

Things pending are rewelding manifold flange to the runners in and out. I don't trust it. I have new 4 wire sensors and I plan on caping the o2 port the header came with on runner #1. Using clamps this time, has never failed me until it fails, and then it's just $2 again. Lol. Hi flow cat to glasspack outa be nice.
    IMG_20210329_112804770~3.jpg

Perkolator likes this.
  2. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    Sweet, good luck.
    Since you said you're using clamps -- will you be using those 2-bolt flanges or are you going to use something else? I've been interested in redoing all my exhaust with some v-band flanges in there, but wasn't sure about welding them with my MIG, instead of a TIG

3. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    VBand is the way to go! But I'm not pushing that much air to spend that much on the system ,YET. If I add turbo then definitely. I'm planning on only using the 2bolt flange at the collector. The other one was cuz that pipe/angle fits my truck, but it's getting cut off, slit and clamped! Welding is the best solution when you're ready to permanently have that setup. I'm not.

4. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    Right on. Welding would be cheaper for me since I have a welder, but I want to be able to take parts of the system off as I work on the truck in the future, but also because I plan to thread the pipe through the narrow gap above my crossmember and I don't think the other style flanges will fit

Erwin Merida likes this.
  5. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    Yea plus I can't arc weld this stuff.. hahaha cast iron different story. And that's also why I'm using clamps. I want to reroute later aswell. This set up will only get me to the axle.