Howdy from Placerville, CA

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mike Roberts, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Mike Roberts

Mike Roberts Newbie

Truck:
    1993 2WD Pickup
    I’m hoping to increase the off-road capabilities of my 1993 Toyota pick up truck. Bigger tires? A Lyft package of some sort? Torsion bar changes? Etc. I’m not that mechanically inclined so please make any recommendations simple. I probably won’t be doing the work myself. Unless it’s really really easy.

2. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    Welcome aboard , my ride is slammed so don't know from experience, but all of what you said is in the right direction.
    There are lifted owners on this aboard so you should get more advise .

3. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    Howdy, welcome!

I went toward a "weekend warrior" build on my 93 4wd - I still wanted to use it as a truck to haul stuff, but to have more offroad capabilities than stock without it being a crawler.

4.88 gears + rear LockRight locker was by far the most noticeable improvement to offroad capabilities. I used factory 4.88 diffs, the hardest part was swapping the front differential just because it's heavy and I did it in the driveway by myself.

Other improvements I did: OME leaf springs + OME shocks and steering stabilizer; BJ spacers; IFS truss; triangulated rear shocks + ubolt flip; rock sliders; offroad rear bumper; 33x12.5 MTs

Your build should follow what you plan to do with the truck. My truck wheels decent for what my needs are, but I don't push it very hard or very often - if I did, I'd likely add more stuff to support it - like an idler arm upgrade, lower profile crossmember, etc.

4. Aaron Aaron Aaron

Aaron Aaron Aaron Newbie

Eh there Mike, we’re practically neighbors man! I’m down the hill in C Hights. I’ve been making some long overdue upgrades to my 86 2wd 22R. I’m pretty happy with this truck and have owned it for the past 7 years with no major issues; except for when my pitman arm fell out just after I got off the highway! Aside from that, its ran very well and the dependability level is reassuring me of a wise investment.
    Really brother, look up the PITMAN ARM for your year truck and locate it yourself for safety sake! At 230,000 miles, I should have known better. But I didn’t. Things wear out and this is one of those things you don’t want to malfunction.
    Don’t let the mechanics of your own truck intimidate you. Everything is doable diy with basic tool set, repair manual, and instructional videos from the web.
    I’m new here myself and going to upload some pictures of my truck and eat dinner.
    I came in search of some tire and wheel formulas and pictures.
    There’s some great pics of all sorts of yotas.
    Take care and don’t forget to check your pitman! Some tire shops will check it out for tree.
    Ttyl