03 Single Cab smoothies fitment

Discussion in 'Wheels/Tires' started by Ajdinp, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Ajdinp

Ajdinp Newbie

Hi all,

First timer here,

Have a '93 here in Australia, 2WD long bed (no 4wd fenders). I assume that the the front/rear should be the same size requirements when looking at wheels

I've got my eyes on some chrome smoothies and have been doing some research, can't seem to confirm wheel fitment for a 2wd however

Would a 15 x 8 with 4.5 backspacing stick out much?

Pic for reference: (noting mine is 2wd all round)

[​IMG]

2. Justin Danger

Justin Danger Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1986 Toyota Xtra cab SR5 Turbo 22rte
    A lot of that will depend on what tires/drop you are going to run. You can check out willtheyfit.com and get some numbers to measure out on your ride to see where things will land with the any new setup.

A lot of people "stagger" their wheels, opting for wider ans sometimes larger diameter in the rear. Personally, I like to be able to rotate my wheels, so I do have the same setup on all 4 corners.

3. Ajdinp

Ajdinp Newbie

Thanks for the reply

Will just be running stock height, more so chasing something to sit flush to the gaurds.

This is a 2wd tub btw, so i dont think staggered will suit, seems to be same size for front and rear from what i can see

4. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    Should be able to get an idea based on what you have now. I'm thinking they'll be roughly 1" further out since they're wider wheel but backspace is about the same.