What did you do to your mini this week ?

Discussion in 'Test Area' started by The Jewish Guy, May 22, 2013.

1. The Jewish Guy

The Jewish Guy Veteran

I thought it would be a good thread to start but I just didn't know where to post it.

So on here anyone can post what they did with their Mini or pickup this week..

On another forum unrelated to trucks I did this and it now has over 216 pages.

Some comments are like:

"I did some wiring, some fixing, and I could start the engine after more than 3 years sleeping at body shop..."

" Stripped and painted the rear backing plates..removed what was left of the old brake adjuster "locks" prepared the new ones to be welded on, cannot do much since the shop has been turned into "storage" for all the returning "children's" crap.. Rolling Eyes "

" Came home from work the other night and pulled into the garage. There was an extremely large presence of gas fumes, but I wasn't seeing anything. So I let the vert sit there until Tuesday afternoon, when I rolled it out to take a look and there was a large puddle of gas on the floor. Looked underneath at the gas line running from the tunnel and found that my hose had "worn out" and began leaking fuel. Off to the parts shop to get some new braided 5mm hose and replaced it. Got ready to take it for a spin, started backing out of the driveway and saw this huge trail of fuel. Get out, open the back and if the line from fuel pump to the carb, and boy was there a hole and it was shooting gas three feet out the back - and all inside the engine bay. Luckily, I didn't go anywhere at that point, because all I could imagine is a big ass fire blowing at my tail end. That particular line was fairly new, but I replaced it with some new line.

Morale of the story, check your fuel lines often. I'm just lucky that nothing caught on fire."

Let's see what comes about from doing creating this thread..

Zachariah
    The Jewish Guy

2. The Jewish Guy

The Jewish Guy Veteran

Moderator.. can you please close this thread... i started an indentical one and that one does have people chiming in... so please close this one.

3. 93_Toy_Mini

93_Toy_Mini Addict

Truck:
    93 Reg Cab Pickup
    Lots of things have had threads started. I recommend doing a search next time so we don't flood the site with too many similar threads.

4. Uranium235

Uranium235 Member

Truck:
    76 longbed 4 speed
    Well lets see... i deleted my EGR, sorry but I guess I only have the one pic. Guys, dont get used to me doing write-ups because i suck at em haha. But anyway, i just removed all the components and cut block off plates out of diamond plate and blocked off the egr ports on the exhaust mani and the head/intake, whatever you wanna call it.
    [​IMG]

while this was going on I also installed a new valve cover gasket... but mostly just cause I wanted to see the inside of a true 54xxx original mile motor =P
    [​IMG]

Then, i decided to clean my bay up all nice and purdy, and went ahead and hand polished all my brake lines, parts of the coil/igniter, and various other pieces under the hood.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Then I went ahead and installed new pads and rotors.
    [​IMG]
    Made a few various things from beer cans, since thats kinda my theme for the truck. Like Pabst cab vent covers, and I made patches for my fenders out of Fosters and Steel Reserve cans. haha
    [​IMG]
    Then got her all shined up ( WD40 ) and took it out for a weekend cruise, and hung out with some other rat rod guys from Goodguys.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    They were on the way to Goodguys, so I rolled with em for a bit. This was all over the last 2 weeks btw. Just thought I would update you guys.

5. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    Got the noise from the AC compressor front plate fixed, & started the detailing for this Sundays show!! Will finish today!:cool:

_Quickfox likes this.
  6. jerico

jerico Enthusiast

Truck:
    79 lolux
    Fixed the turn signals. Looking for a set of side markers with harness if any one has any.

7. DisAsterPiece

DisAsterPiece Enthusiast

Truck:
    89 reg cab 2wd
    repainted truck last week and got new wheels mounted today!

8. Xs5875

Xs5875 Addict

Truck:
    1994 Standard cab 22re 5 spd
    Drove it to work.

Erwin Merida likes this.
  9. TRUCK ACTION

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    Just reset my timing from stock ( for smog inspect) back to where it should be for this engine!:cool:

10. jerico

jerico Enthusiast

Truck:
    79 lolux
    [​IMG]

finally got my new steering wheel in. wood grain grippin.

11. estgang1991

estgang1991 Enthusiast

Truck:
    '89 hilux
  12. The Jewish Guy

The Jewish Guy Veteran

I put a HILUX chrome emblem on my 1993
    The original ones are much smaller and not very appealing so I went with a newer model one.. it looks fine i think . I thought about putting the smaller ones on the fenders but I am still not certain if I want to do that.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also replaced the headlight plug because the old ones were not grounding right causing my headlight not to shine bright
    [​IMG]

I also added some Blue NGK wires and a Siren that is police issue so i am sure that when the alarms goes off it will make a piercing sound.
    [​IMG]

13. KERTWOOD

KERTWOOD Enthusiast

Truck:
    92 Street Truck
    Sanded some more on the Starions. Getting close..

14. _Quickfox

_Quickfox Enthusiast

I freaking love this area!

Today I decided I need square stock; to make a guide for drilling straight holes through things (my leaf forward mounting bracket [2wd]). I'll be using a 9/16 bit, which is as close to 14mm in diameter (the size of the bolt) as I thought I needed.

Maybe I'll take pictures, I wonder where I should post a 'how-to'.

I have started to build a template..this will be fun!

Tezting

15. _Quickfox

_Quickfox Enthusiast

Update on this ↑↑

Sometimes u jus send it..sometimes it doesn't end well.

Turns out it's a Toyota p/u it can take it. Took lots of measurements (rough approximations) looks like the forward leaf brackets arnt even (pun) symmetrical from the factory.

Building new brackets will be a much more accurate device. That said; truck is back together, but if your thrust alignment is off reassembly can be challenging..won't necessarily make the truck crabwalk, and may change ride hight side to side.

-Aaron

16. TRUCK ACTION

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    All detailed out for this coming 3 day show Mini Truck Showdown in Bakersfield, Feb 14-16

_Quickfox likes this.
  17. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Im going to try to make it out to that show next week to spectate.

18. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    LEXXXI - angry '93 ShortBed
    Got away from everyone and tackled this bad boy today! Before install I just have to clean this w56. Yup, wheel foam as a road grime loosener with wire brushes, then blasted the hard to reach nooks and crannies with brake cleaner. Good old elbow grease to finish it off but still going to go over it again with new clean IMG_20210502_144929434~3.jpg rags(old socks and shirts). Hahaha IMG_20210502_164510175~4.jpg
    Now the question stands.. to paint or not to paint?!

19. Pearce

Pearce Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1973 hilux
    I did a polished bellhousing, painted gearbox, and bare tail shaft.
    Screenshot_20210502-194224_Instagram.jpg

Erwin Merida likes this.
  20. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    LEXXXI - angry '93 ShortBed
    Are you going to leave that tail like that or match the polished bell housing?