rolling/pulling fenders?

Discussion in 'Wheels/Tires' started by oliver88, May 26, 2015.

1. oliver88

oliver88 Newbie

Anyone know a good way to roll and pull my fenders on my 88 pickup. I know of ways to do it on cars but not sure about trucks with out of round fenders.

2. yotarip

yotarip Veteran

On the front of my 87 I first removed the inner fender liners. Then put on a nice pair of gloves and pulled the fender out by hand as far has i could. Finally, I added just enough camber to for final clearance.

On the rear I just used the old pipe between the tire and fender trick. Doesn't look good but it gives me the needed clearance when it weighed down with engines and transmission in the bed. I finally bought rear flares from Hanneman Fiberglass. I'm anxious to put them on.

3. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    I know on the 89-94 models the bed had a tab by the wheel wells that would push the lip a little bit out. Check and see if yours has it

4. tacobo670

tacobo670 Addict

Truck:
    94 Base
    i did this to mine. the rear fenders have 2 inner support brackets. if u look closely, the part that bolts to the upper section has another bolt hole. i used this for relocation of the bracket. just used a bottle jack and some 2x4 wood, pushed out the fender and rebolt the brackets. they did leave 2 little dimples in the fender but oh well, my truck doesnt look that nice to begin with. but i got the wheel clearance i needed.

5. oliver88

oliver88 Newbie

how did you add the camber yotarip

6. Owen Branigan

Owen Branigan Newbie

Truck:
    1989 pickup
    I’m not sure what you mean about relocating the bracket? I have an 89 and I’m also trying to roll the fenders but my bracket is causing rigidity in top of the fender preventing me from being able to roll it.

7. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    The bracket pushes the flare on the bedside out a little and holds its there