Introductions

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by msane99, May 30, 2014.

1. msane99

msane99 Member

Hey guys, first off great site. Already gotten a lot of useful information by lurking for a few days.

I'm Michael, in Hoschton, Georgia, bout 40 miles North of Atlanta. I've been loving Toyota's Since I got my first Corolla back in the 90's. I have a wealth of knowledge, and am always eager to learn more. We currently have 2 Mini's

1987 4runner DLX 22RE lifted I bought it from the first owner, and got the Head re-worked, replaced Timing chain, all Gaskets, new oil pump, and water pump. I only use Japanese parts so OSK timing set, Aisin Oil Pump, Aisin Timing Cover, NPW water Pump(NPW is subsidiary of Nissan) all Toyota Gaskets, Grommets Etc. New brakes from Toyota, NGK wires and plugs

It currently needs nothing. Smitty Build Bumpers, 4 inch Suspension Lift, 3 inch Body Lift, Hedman header, Yoko 35/12.5/15's . Wife's daily Driver

Then There is Mr Woopity

He is a 1980 4WD Pickup. I traded an 1988 Supra targa turbo for it. Supra was a lost project I started 6 or 7 years ago. I found the 80 on Craigslist. I was looking for interior parts for 87 and went to a shop to pickup an extra OH Sh*t handle. Pulled in and there the 80 sat. I asked about it and they wanted 2200. Interior was in shambles, 20r was covered in oil. Weber with Manual choke sitting under an inch of sludge

Guy had given it to his teenage son, I asked them if they were interested in a trade and they were. So they came and hauled the Supra and a truckload of parts home and I got Mr Woopity (6 year old named him) Don't know where she got it but it works.

So that is what brings me here. I have rewired everything at the Battery, and at the Alternator. Replaced alternator, replace valve cover gaskets, ran PCV correctly to EGR delete plate pulled 20 years of home made wiring out of truck. Fixed loose/bad grounds. got interior back together. and am chugging away at it. All pickiness is sat aside for mr woopity, I even bought an Alternator from AutoZone :) I want him back the way he came but I am not worried about him being perfect. Just complete and functional. I am sourcing to the lowest bidder on this one. So far bout 200 tied up in him and he is my Daily driver

I have bought Toyota Shop manuals for both trucks, and have Toyota EPC (their parts catalog) I can source new parts below list price. If Toyota still has it I can get it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 30, 2014
  2. CUCUY

CUCUY Enthusiast

Truck:
    '81 SR5 longbed
    welcome!

3. msane99

msane99 Member

Thank yall for having me. If anyone needs exploded views for their trucks or are looking for new parts let me know.

4. LilRed93

LilRed93 Addict

Truck:
    1993 Pickup
    Very interesting. And Welcome. :waytogo:

5. strike0ut

strike0ut Newbie

Truck:
    Hilux 1974 longbed
    I really like the 4runner

6. msane99

msane99 Member

thank you! The 4runner is a keeper. I'd like to do a solid axle, but honestly we don't need it. There are national forest close by with the old logging roads cut through them, and I haven't encountered anything there that we can't manage.

I also have:

1985 MK2 Celica Supra 6MGE 3.0 5spd

1985 Volkswagen Cabriolet 1.8 8v 5spd

1970 Standard Beetle 1600 4spd

1994 Pontiac Formula Firebird convertible LT1 4L60E

1999 GMC Safari 4.3 vortec 4L60E

Everything Runs :)

M

7. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
  8. TheLoLux

TheLoLux Toyotaholic

Truck:
    70 LoLux 92 CYN YOTA 84ish 4runner
    Clean runner.

9. msane99

msane99 Member

Thank you for the props on the 4runner.

I changed the oil in it today, I cut up a plastic inner fender well from a VW rabbit and made a tool to divert the oil from the drain plug into the pan, without it getting all over the axle and cross member it snaps in and I don't get oil all over everything. I still haven't got the best system for the filter. I place shop towels over the oil pressure sending unit and CV on passenger side. That and a can of Carb spray and all done.

It takes longer to clean up then it does to change the oil. I don't mind dirt, and mud but I can't stand a nasty drive train.

I may have found a parts truck today for the 1980. I have my fingers crossed he will let me take it off his hands for a good price. It is hard to source parts on this side of the world.

I'm putting a exploded diagram on here to let you see what type of schematics I have on these trucks. This is AC system off a 1980 RN37 (pickup 4wd)

Attached Files:

10. msane99

msane99 Member

throttle linkage from 1980 pickup

Attached Files: