Island style 92

Discussion in '1989-1995 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by Malessohomegrown, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Malessohomegrown

Malessohomegrown Toyotaholic

Truck:
    87Hilux,92Hilux reg,914x4 HiluxEC
    Sup guys.I picked up a 92 for $1600 last week. I recently crashed my 87 and i'm dealing with the insurance company on that so in the mean time I'm going to focus my attention on this truck. My plans are to use it as my daily driver. I'm going to swap out the bed do some body work and paint it. But first thing is to fix the air con. because it's hot as Fuk on Guam. I slapped my black powder coated ADR 18's on it and plan to do a three inch drop as soon as I get u bolts. I already have the blocks.Also plan on putting on a flat back glass instead of the sliding one on it now.Btw this truck only has 66k miles on the odometer and the guy I got it from lives three minutes away from our work so this truck is super virgin. The interior is cherry but the body needs some love. The fuel tank has some pin holes in it so I plan on swaping that ou the same time I swap out the bed. Anyways heres some pics of the day I got it. I went straight home the same day and started wrenching on it for a few hours.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]took off the costruction worker rack and put on some new lenses[​IMG]had a complete 4x front end chrome but I have to fab up some brackets[​IMG]more updates to come

2. Malessohomegrown

Truck:
    [​IMG]here it is with the rims on

3. 1lowSr5

1lowSr5 Addict

Truck:
    90' xtra cab Sr5, 2003 taco
    sweet find brah, and again that sucks about your other truck. hope you hear something on it soon. whats your plans for paint? going to keep it stock or color change it? and i like the chrome front better than the black. keep us updated on her.

4. Da_Roach

Da_Roach Toyotaholic

Truck:
    (1) 92 RN80 (1) 2002 RZN150
    Looks real good. What are the interior plans?

5. Malessohomegrown

Truck:
    I was thinking matte black with the gloss black rims, bumper and valance. Ya you can see I had to keep the black corner lights the 4x's are different.

6. Malessohomegrown

Truck:
    Interior. First I'm gonna tint. It already has a pretty nice kenwood player so maybe a pair of 6 inch bazookas(try to fit them behind the chair) tweets and some mids or maybe 6x9 for the door I have both to choose from with 1000 watt amp I have.I plan on keeping the bench seat for now unless I can swap it with someone for some cherry buckets.Then I can put a 10 inch tube down the middle.

7. 915toy

915toy Member

Nice deal! Looking forward to what u got planned for her

8. Malessohomegrown

Truck:
    painted up the front till I get my bumper. Also found these white light wiper spray nozels that I wired into my headlight fuse.[​IMG][​IMG]

9. Chikn Hawk

Chikn Hawk Member

Truck:
    94' X-Cab Toy Lux
    Nice project Malesso!!! Where you gonna swap your bed from? I need one too!!

10. Malessohomegrown

Truck:
    I swapped a 22r complete motor for a bed from my nyao. It needs some minor work though.I need to repair these pin holes in the gas tank first so I can swap them both out one shot.

11. Chikn Hawk

Chikn Hawk Member

Truck:
    94' X-Cab Toy Lux
    Good luck bro! My 90 got tons of work as well. Trying to collect all I can to get it safely running first. So far so good. Shootz!!

12. Malessohomegrown

Truck:
    sh!ts goin down

Got a bunch of stuff to do on this truck now. I picked up some Weld Pro Stars. Had to buy new lugs for those also got the drop blocks and u bolts. While I'm under there I am going to swap out the clutch slave because its leaking.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]Got the back half dropped but them gotdammotherfuggin jam nuts on the tortion are jammed for real.Gonna heat them up and try again later.

13. Malessohomegrown

Truck:
    drop

Ok so after fighting with the jam nut on the tortion adjustment I finally got them free and dropped. I could go lower but I'm going to let this settle and get some shocks before I go any lower.[​IMG]

14. ToxicToyz

ToxicToyz Addict

Truck:
    88 longbed
    Looking good bro!

15. Da_Roach

Da_Roach Toyotaholic

Truck:
    (1) 92 RN80 (1) 2002 RZN150
    lookin real good. Love the new wheels. What are the spec on them? Also what are you plans for a bumper?

16. TheLoLux

TheLoLux Toyotaholic

Truck:
    70 LoLux 92 CYN YOTA 84ish 4runner
    Truck is looking good. What color do you plane on painting it?

17. Malessohomegrown

Truck:
    Thanks for the love guys. Thought nobody was interested in my small time build.I have two truck I'm working on and it's hard to give equal attention. Anyways I am looking for a black bumper and everybody over here wants chrome so it shouldn't be hard to find. as for paint, I was leaning on the matte black body with gloss black bumper look. Still up in the air.

18. scrub88

scrub88 Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 toy short bed
    So is this truck gonna be your daily driver after u get your white one fixed back up . Looks good. matte black with those polished wheels and a gloss bumper and grill look pretty dope

19. Malessohomegrown

Truck:
    Scrub88 this will be the daily. The 87 is ready to go back together it has just been raining every day over here and I'm trying to pain the new body parts outside.Can't wait to hear them sides again.

20. Mr.Quipster671

Mr.Quipster671 Newbie

Yo Joe, that is a sweet ****ing deal man. And those Welds are just hella sexy. Shawn had the same exact problem with the tortion nuts. The damn thing just wouldn't budge. They were frozen together. Felt bad for the guy because he spent the most time with those and because, apparently, that was supposed to be the easy part of the drop process. Hahaha. IMO, I'd opt for the 89s+ any day. But it isn't hard to appreciate the beauty of all the Hiluxs. I think we're going to try to trade it out (87). We'll see though.