my 82 sr5 project

Discussion in '1976-1983 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by gen1toyota, Aug 3, 2012.

1. 74Hiluxproject

74Hiluxproject Enthusiast

Truck:
    1974 Toyota Supra Truck
  2. gen1toyota

gen1toyota Member

Truck:
    82 4x4 and 82 sr5 2wd
  3. Immoreradthanu

Immoreradthanu Enthusiast

Truck:
    79 long bed
    You ever see a real gangster red grand am on some black eighteens terrorizing the streets over there around 3 to 4 years ago? Hahahahahaha that thing was a douche but i tell you what it was the only one that looked like it.

4. gen1toyota

gen1toyota Member

Truck:
    82 4x4 and 82 sr5 2wd
    ya I've seen it and laughed at it hahahahaha

5. Immoreradthanu

Truck:
    79 long bed
    Oh yeah!!! I laughed at it plenty of times myself. Back then it was actually somewhat nice!!! Hahaha it looks real pitiful now. I bent one of the rims on a trip so it's sitting woth two steeloes on back and two eighteens up front the whole thing is toast. The big reason i actually got my yota!!! Plus my truck as crappy looking as it is is way better!!!!

6. gen1toyota

gen1toyota Member

Truck:
    82 4x4 and 82 sr5 2wd
    haha ya back then i was driving a different 82 toyota and i must say i miss the hell out of it

7. Immoreradthanu

Truck:
    79 long bed
    Yeah i also needed a stinkin truck and at that point couldn't afford much so i picked up my pickup. Now that i'm finally getting out of debt i can look into getting a nicer truck and patiently wait for a short bed version of what i have now cause i don't like long beds!!!!!!

8. gen1toyota

gen1toyota Member

Truck:
    82 4x4 and 82 sr5 2wd
    ya i only like the long beds on 4wds but 2wds must be short bed..... you could just bob the bed some.. not to much but a lil but

9. Immoreradthanu

Truck:
    79 long bed
    The thing about bobbing the bed still remains the fact that there is way too much sheetmetal fromthe cab to the front part of the fender well hahahaha. Doesn't look right. But when i get that short box i may have to do a small bob on that too! Make a real small bed!!! I'm going for a street truck. Something super clean almost like it came off the factory show room in 79 as a performance optioned truck!

10. gen1toyota

gen1toyota Member

Truck:
    82 4x4 and 82 sr5 2wd
    ya very true haha and I'm join for a clean looking drift truck.... i got tons of buddys that goto the track and compete in the drift comps in the 240s so I'm building something different

11. gen1toyota

gen1toyota Member

Truck:
    82 4x4 and 82 sr5 2wd
    my buddy just traded his 88 s-10 blazer for this blue 1980 short bed 20r 4 speed

Attached Files:

12. Immoreradthanu

Truck:
    79 long bed
    Doeshe want to sell it? Hahaha i'll trade him for mine + cash!!! Haha he has the bed i want and that painted. Umper instead of that smelly chrome crap i have on mine!! Yeah i have a ton of tuner friends. In fact don't really have any mini truck friends let alone toyota mini friends over here. I should seriously get transferred back down there so i could use my old mans shop with his stinkin lift!!!! Plus i would know some yota dudes over there! Kind of lost contact with the slight few people i did know over there though.plus i really like my house here. Haha man you should get some lower profile tires on there and get a small stretch. Would look dope with it slammed out tuckin some tires real nice like!

13. gen1toyota

gen1toyota Member

Truck:
    82 4x4 and 82 sr5 2wd
    idk if he does or not but one of the panels on the driver side for the bed is missing and theres a good cab dent. and ya i want too just don't have the funds right now cuz i was drifting in the heritage high school parking lot and got busted haha $900 ticket oops haha

14. Immoreradthanu

Truck:
    79 long bed
    Bahahahaha well considering that it is impossible to find a bed that doesn't have mass cancer when i started. Uilding mine was highly considering getting a fiberglass replacement. Actually you have some pretty low profile tires maybe the offset is just off. I think whoever you got that thing from did some serious work though cause that thing has a 4wd bed and front fenders on it if i'm not mistaken. Not sure id you knew that or not though. I feel like i'm jackin your thread though man if you want to message me on here don't want to be THAT guy haha

15. gen1toyota

gen1toyota Member

Truck:
    82 4x4 and 82 sr5 2wd
    i don't care if you jackin my tread it truck talk ahaha then others can read and get ideas..... the bed is a 2wd bed i just put the 4wd flares on it from my old crawler and the front are just some plastic bolt ons till i get my 4wd fenders

16. gen1toyota

gen1toyota Member

Truck:
    82 4x4 and 82 sr5 2wd
    my buddys 65 scout just got finished last weekend, 3rz toyota tranny and t cases toyota axles with dirty 30s and all the bells and whistles

Attached Files:

17. Immoreradthanu

Truck:
    79 long bed
    I guess it is all black so that could be why i thought it were the full 4wd ish. I got love that crawler minus the pink. Don't know if i can repect the pink hahaha! You know people only care about pictures! Nonody reads the other stuff! Bahaha what are you planning suspension wise? I thought it would be kind of sick to completely chop the entire frame up and mock up basically an entire supra set up full independent suspension all wheel disc but frankly i decided that it wasn't worth the massive amounts of frame fabricatiron it would take not to mention you would probably have to widen the entire body to get the geometry right. Actually i think there is a guy doing that on here but there is an idea to whomever reads it. Make a brutal track/tuner truck

18. gen1toyota

gen1toyota Member

Truck:
    82 4x4 and 82 sr5 2wd
    i have thought about the supra set up but i really have no clue what im doin yet but for noe im gunna go 2in lower till i do the 7m swap

19. Immoreradthanu

Truck:
    79 long bed
    That sounds good to me!! Hahaha how wide are those rims?

20. gen1toyota

gen1toyota Member

Truck:
    82 4x4 and 82 sr5 2wd
    ya know i have no idea they were on the truck when i got it haha