wheres everybody buying there bag kits

Discussion in 'Suspension/Chassis' started by echostar23, Jul 6, 2012.

1. echostar23

echostar23 Newbie

my eyes are bleeding lol looking for a bag kit for my 93 xtra cab 2wd 4cyl want the best bang for my buck any help would be deeply appreciated

2. eurofreak2002

eurofreak2002 Toyotaholic

Truck:
    80 STD SR5 LB, bagged! The new whip!
    There are so many places with great deals but not on all parts. Ive found bags at custom connections for like $50 a piece when grant sells same ones for $80 but then find step notches and 4links from grant for half the price custom connections wants.

I have a friend whom has a LRD account or maybe someone on this forum has one. Generally with an LRD account you can get EVERYTHING needed cheaper than any website and all from one place.

First off what Id do is make a list of what you need in a spreadsheet
    Valves
    Compressors
    Tank
    Bags
    Fittings
    etc

Then shop around a few places and compare pricing and see whom could get the best deal on an overall package.

I will say one thing...DO NOT BUY A COMPLETE PACKAGE FROM AIRBAGIT.COM its a complete waste of money for the parts they give you. NOR THE ONES ON EBAY!!!

Any other questions hit me up, theres a few of us bagged guys on here and we all got hookups and different ways of doing stuff but we all get along.

Welcome to the site

3. GrantH

GrantH Addict

Best tip you'll ever get:

DON'T buy a kit.

4. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    As stated above!!
    List-- comparison --!:cool:

5. echostar23

echostar23 Newbie

wow great info thank you so much im new to the sight all info is appreciated im not sure on how to peice everything together but with the help from you all i should be golden

6. GrantH

GrantH Addict

Nothing beats knowing how your setup will go together....before you actually receive it. I can't tell you how many fitting/valve diagrams I have drawn over the course of owning my truck.

7. eurofreak2002

Truck:
    Well give us some info on what you'd like as a finished product. Do you want fast or slow up and down, do you want to play with it all day or just cruise in style? I'd imagine since you want to bag it you want it as low as possible correct? What kinda budget you looking at? I can also add and everyone will agree fully...buy everything NEW and dont buy cheap stuff do it right the first time. If you want something classy and simple to start fine cause you can always add more in the future as long as you do it right the first time. Also would this be your first bagged ride??? There are some pros and cons to consider along with the fact of having a air adjustable suspension. Also what state do you live in cause there are some things you cant do in certain states. Nothing too drastic but its better to understand the laws before going all out on a ride and getting pulled over everytime you drive it. Im not trying to scare you just giving you the 411 on custom stuff cause some cops dont likey hahaha

8. Under Construction '93

Under Construction '93 Addict

Truck:
    1993 Std Pickup
    fx customs on ebay for bags / tank / compressors / fittings . I got all that stuff for my truck at the best compared prices there as well as free shipping.. Also second the dont buy a kit. Just piece your stuff together is the best way. Just my .02 And building a 4 link is waaaaaaaay cheaper than buying one if you have fab skills.

9. echostar23

echostar23 Newbie

good stuff here straight up :) I want a badass setup money is no option but im not rich either i want the best bang for my buck lol im not sure on the fast and slow i do want my truck as low as possiable i live in sacramento california im not worried about the cops i already know you cant let them see you going up and down lol but we all do it :waytogo:im all ears feed me knoldge :clapping:im ready to learn my neighbor is a welder and does coustom hot rods and has a toy 4x4 with mods he can put my bags on and weld notch the frame i just need to buy the stuff when you say make a list im lost not really sure of all the little details i dont want the bed filled with anything i need the bed sometimes for hauling stuff around hope this helps you to help me get started fire away thank you in advance

10. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    Stating you need the bed for hauling stuff ,means it must stay closed( no cut open area) for the notch!.Mine is closed ,but my air tanks & fuel tank are exposed in the bed!
    The link bar set up you use will dictate if you need to move the stock gas tank or have one made ( or after market one),
    if you run a forward link set up of any type, which is what I recommend. Read all you can on link bars & understand how they work before you make any decision.
    Also your ride quality will be better or worse deepening on what type & where you mount your rear bags ! So do the research!
    I run a Firestone sleeve bag in front of the axle, ride quality is very good!!
    3/8'' valves work fine , & are fast enough. I run Asco 3/8'' with mufflers which slow the drop speed ,which can be adjusted!
    Also do run shocks,so they must be figtured into the mix!
    And make sure you start with the tire size you want to run ,as this will determine what you must do @ the inner fenders,firewall & bed for clearance reasons,&bag placement!!
    I know this is a lot to read ,but you will have to do a lot more before you start!!:cool:

11. eurofreak2002

Truck:
    Hmmm options options, Im sure someone else will chime in. Honestly if you want everything hidden under bed there are a few different ways of doing it. I'd look up some of our setups here as well as hit up google and look up setups in general. You can keep your gas tank in stock position but have to raise it a bit if you use a reverse 4 link. You can do a forward 4 link with paralell bars or a wishbone/pan hard link. If you can get a fuel cell or figure a way to relocate your gas tank to rear then go traditional triangulated forward 4 link. Simple step notch probably 8 or10" notch. My suggestion is dont do bag over axle but you can find some cool setups bag behind axle or bag on bar which means your bags are on the 4 link bars (if you look up litneon his is reverse 4 link, look up my build and underconstruction 93's build we both have bag on bar) As underconstruction mentioned it is way cheaper and easier to build your own 4 link (bushings, tabs, universal bars are available almost anywhere) I had a custom 4 link built to spec from CanDo specialties and I still had to hack it apart and redo some stuff so I dont know if he sent me wrong one or cant measure correctly but it was wrong) Simple bridge or custom if you can.

12. eurofreak2002

Truck:
    Tank- optimally aluminum since it wont rust inside 7 gallon is a good size for capacity and ability to mount under bed

Compressors- There are tons to choose from, Im not a fan of Air Zenith but they are good. Viair makes good stuff Id run dual 444's 450's or 480's. California sun the 444 would be good it tends to cool better than the other 400 series models.

Bags- everyone has a preference mine is Dominator (good lift and construction for your $$$) Slam bags are good too.

Valves- all valves are good all valves are crap I dont think Ive ever seen a study with any conclusive result of what valves are better. You will want atleast 8 and if wired correclty this will give you FBSS and all 4 corner on a 9 switch box depending on speed 3/8 or 1/2"

Switch box- depends on how many movements you want and your preference of style AVS is good brand or go baller status and get the accuair kit with auto leveling and such its badass

4 link- as mentioned in previous post its your preference, if you want to do bag on bar you will need a pretty stout bottom bar with good wall thickness

Notch- can be bought or built, my frame is custom but its equivalent to a 10" notch, running 18's or smaller you could get away with a 8" notch

Along with 4 link and notch you will need mount tabs for shocks, bushing kit for bar ends on link (that is if you dont buy a prefab link or universal that already includes them) Mount tabs for 4 link bars, bag brackets or cups. ETC

Air line- whatever size you want doesnt necesarrily need to match same size as valves as long as you get reducers or step up fittings so you can run 3/8 line to 1/2 valves vis-a-verse. Anything DOT rated 300psi or larger

Fittings-pretty much on an as needed basis, this takes some planning so you dont have to run back and forth from fitting store or make numerous online orders for fittings you forgot about, they are spendy but you get what you pay for. I prefer PTC (push to connect-brass fittings) or nickel but those are hella spendy

Simple stuff like wiring for your relays, power cable for compressors, junction boxes, etc. I just covered the basics.

A good thing would be to check out some of our setups and what we used as well as just checking out shows and what they did.

I know I have enough room in the rear of my truck to put everything either between frame rails or on outside of frame rails between frame and bed, I choose to be difficult and get my truck running for the summer and kinda just stuffed it in bed but it will all be hidden come fall. You do not have to cut out bed floor anymore than needed for clearance of notches, wheels and differential pumpkin but be aware of the 4 link cause my setup (lays frame and I love to ride cali) I had to cut out more forward of the axle bed floor to clear my link bars

13. eurofreak2002

Truck:
    Oh yah shocks you need shocks

14. Under Construction '93

Under Construction '93 Addict

Truck:
    1993 Std Pickup
    ^ Pretty good writeup euro. Feel free to ask any specific question on here when ordering stuff... I'm subscribed and am more than willing to help.

15. echostar23

echostar23 Newbie

FIRST off big thank you everybody second thank you eurofreek for the extra effort on everything also IM ready to start ordering my stuff so heres whats running through my mind make myself a list no 1 seven gallon tank aluminum dual compressors 444s four dominater bags or slam prob go with the dominators just cuz i like the sound of that lol 8 valves 3/8 air hose nine switch box with a accuair kit with auto leveling that is what i want sounds badass autoleveling must be nice no way of being not level i like that ptc brass fittings i want these sounds like a hella of alot easier to push to connect what shocks do you reccomend ? and last the 4 link ill prob buy a prefab kit and let my welder / neighbor do his thing or show him a pic of what their selling and see if he can fab it not sure if i missed anything but i am ready to order

16. eurofreak2002

Truck:
    Did you look up accuair???? If you got the $$ for that then Im already jealous LOL. Shocks is a preference. My buddy did mine without me being there but I think they came out of a late 90's early 2000 ford F250. You kinda just have to figure out how much lift you get from laid out to lifted till the bags lock out then go search for shocks that have the same travel. Start a build thread and start slapping up pics of your truck and parts as they come in.

17. echostar23

echostar23 Newbie

sounds good will do

18. yota4life

yota4life Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1991 xcab 2wd 4cyl
    Im gonna say go with slam bags. But thts just my personal preference. Because they don't ballon out like others. Compressors go with viair or an engine driven I have the viair 380s on both my trucks an they are so much better than 450s. 444s I haven't had but heard good things about them. I'm in lodi so pretty close to you if you need help

19. TheLoLux

TheLoLux Toyotaholic

Truck:
    70 LoLux 92 CYN YOTA 84ish 4runner
    I use AVS AVS

20. echostar23

echostar23 Newbie

yota4life where did you buy your setup ? did you buy local ? you are close i might take you up on that