simple disk question

Discussion in 'Suspension/Chassis' started by 79lux, Apr 15, 2012.

1. 79lux

79lux Member

Truck:
    79 long bed tray back
    hey guys,i have a 79 2wd hilux with drums all round(please don't laugh haha)and im wanting to put disk brakes on it(front).my question is what other Toyota can i get the parts from,im needing everything from the knuckle out (knuckle hub calliper disk etc)and i would like it to blot straight on.
    if anybody has any clue would be a great help thanks:)

2. Immoreradthanu

Immoreradthanu Enthusiast

Truck:
    79 long bed
    My 79 had front discs so i would assume that would be your best bet is to find a truck in that year at a junk yard and take what you need. I'm guessing you'll need a brake cylinder as well. The hub and disc bolt together with five bolts and is one assembly right off the spindle. I bought rotors calipers all new bearings and seals plus pads for like 220 brand new as well so it probably wouldn't be all that expensive to just go piece together all the parts from the store but then again i am a 23 year old with no kids and a fair amount of disposable income so 220 didn't seem like much to me i don't know about your situation though lol.

3. 79lux

79lux Member

Truck:
    79 long bed tray back
    so i would assume i would need the steering knuckle(spindle),disk,hub,and calliper from a 79-83 hilux 2wd.if so i guess ill go hit up a wreckers soon

4. Immoreradthanu

Immoreradthanu Enthusiast

Truck:
    79 long bed
    Yeah i'm not even sure on the knuckle/spindle assembly but i would imagine. You Probably do since the knuckle has the mounting bracket for the caliper i believe.

5. 79lux

79lux Member

Truck:
    79 long bed tray back
    thanks for the help:waytogo: i guess ill have to go to the wreckers and sus out a price