site issues, dont think its just me

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions' started by ResidentG33k, Mar 26, 2012.

1. ResidentG33k

ResidentG33k Enthusiast

Truck:
    88' 22R 2WD Single Cab
    When going to this site, whether its typing in the search bar or typing in the URL directly... the site or the DNS server for this site redirects me to url123.info which is known for spam. I've tried this on three different devices, two different internet providers. One on my home internet and the other on my cellphone tethered to my tablet. When I hit back button and click on the site url again it loads. I've cleared my cache and history, still happens. Doesn't happen EVERY time though.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  2. Toy88yota

Toy88yota Member

Truck:
    88 2wd
    Mine has been doing exactly what you describe for awhile now. Doesn't happen every time but it's annoying none the less.

3. ResidentG33k

ResidentG33k Enthusiast

Truck:
    88' 22R 2WD Single Cab
    I think its something to do with the domain forwarder or the domain hoster. It couldn't be related to the site itself but the DNS setup or website hoster... even if a virus sneaked its way on the site. It couldn't control the redirection of this site. Boggles my mind..

4. not forgotten

not forgotten Addict

Truck:
    82 SR5 L/B
    I thought this was only happening to me, very irratating. I have just been typing in the website at the top right search box which is google but does not say google just the logo, next it brings up toyota minis for a choice and under that there are about six topics, one is 80 L/B 2wd, I click on that, takes me to that topic, then I hit the top toyota minis logo and that takes me to the main site, wish this would get fixed, been happening to me for over a month I would say.

5. ResidentG33k

ResidentG33k Enthusiast

Truck:
    88' 22R 2WD Single Cab
    More site issues, I discovered when I tried to go to the website earlier this morning. I'm on here now because I bypassed the warning... but Google and FireFox is blocking TM because of Malicious Code or something...

See here:

[​IMG]

6. Jeff

Jeff Administrator Staff Member

Hey guys, Thanks for the tip. I'm looking into this to try to figure out what's causing this issue. If the site redirects you to another URL, don't click anything on that site.

7. oldschool64bus

oldschool64bus Veteran

Truck:
    1983 SR5 4x4
    didnt get a screenshot but I get a Maleware detected warning

8. Jeff

Hey guys,

Thanks for everyone's patience while I work through this issue. I've spent the morning scouring through the site's files, doing some software upgrades and doing a whole lot of research to get to the root of the problem. And I think I've made some progress that SHOULD solve things.

So, since I can't seem to reproduce the redirecting on my end, can you guys tell me if you're still getting any kind of redirects to other sites when you come here? I'm NOT talking about the Google malware warning screen, I just want to know if anyone is experiencing a redirect issue anymore.

Once I'm sure we've gotten the problem cleaned up, I'll have Google re-scan the site and give their "blessing" on the site being clean. Then we won't see the malware warnings anymore.

Thanks everyone for your help! :)

9. topcop182

topcop182 Addict

Truck:
    1993 single cab 2wd
    still getting the same screen shot as the above. No worries, though I seem to always find my way back here tho.

10. Jeff

Ok, so you're getting the malware warning message. I'm not too worried about that because Google still thinks we're "dirty" only because they haven't rescanned us again yet. But just so I'm clear: you're not getting redirected to any strange other URLs, right?

11. oldschool64bus

oldschool64bus Veteran

Truck:
    1983 SR5 4x4
    no redirect here either, just the malware thing

12. burnzya

burnzya Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    bodied 73 hilux
    the redirect i noticed a while back wasn't from the site itself. if i did a search via google, and a post from toyotaminis came up i'd click the link. as soon as i clicked the link i'd get a page saying i had to pay to see the entire forum, which then i shut the window and came straight to the site.

13. scrub88

scrub88 Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 toy short bed
    when i search using mozilla firefox it blocks this site says malware protection so freakin agravating

14. Litneon

Litneon Super Moderator Staff Member

Truck:
    94 xtra cab
    That is correct. I just deleted two posts by a new user and banned this username. Hopefully I didn't do it to someone innocent, but none of my browsers liked even looking at the post, even though the potential "spam" link didn't offer to redirect when scrolled over. I banned a similarly named user recently trying to sell knockoff purses...

15. toy_spd

toy_spd Addict

Truck:
    92 SR5 V6 Extra Cab
    same here

16. toy_spd

toy_spd Addict

Truck:
    92 SR5 V6 Extra Cab
  17. toy_spd

toy_spd Addict

Truck:
    92 SR5 V6 Extra Cab
    i got that from

StopBadware - toyotaminis.com

18. Jeff

Yep, I've already requested a review now that I've cleaned things up. We should be all clear in the next day or two. Thanks for helping me troubleshoot this, guys. :waytogo:

19. topcop182

topcop182 Addict

Truck:
    1993 single cab 2wd
    Ditto

20. Jeff

Hey guys, I got notice from Google and from the badware folks this morning that the site has been re-scanned and is now clean. Woohoo! Thanks again to everyone for helping to diagnose. :)