Sinister's 92 std.

Discussion in '1989-1995 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by Sinister91, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Sinister91

Sinister91 Member

Truck:
    1992 Std. Cab shorty
    Whats up guys! Been a member and lurker for a couple of years now HAHA! Anyways about a month ago I picked up this 92 toyota pickup for $2000. The miles are 220k which is a little more than id like but it runs excellent so Im not to worried! Its originally an arizona truck so the clearcoat is burned up a little, but on a good note it has ice cold AC! I only have a couple pix off my phone of her right now but heres what it looked like the day after bringing it home...

[​IMG]

And a pic of it after I lowered it, I did a balljoint flip with 2 washers and eased the torsions a little in the front, and made my own steel 4" blocks for the rear

[​IMG]

At the time that I lowered it I also ditched the rear bumper, the inner fenders, spare tire, and the mudflap brackets. I cant leave anything alone after i get it for more than a day haha and this thing was way to quiet so it also now has a 2 1/4" exhaust from where the cat was all the way to the rear through a flowmaster 40 muffler. I just recently picked up some chrysler 300 steelies for it, and thats where Im at for now

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry for all the crap in the pics I was moving at the time and admiring just how much crap you can fit in the back of a short bed toyota!

2. shane4585

shane4585 Newbie

lookin good dude

3. 808yotskies

808yotskies Enthusiast

looks super clean!

4. Enemy of the State

Enemy of the State Enthusiast

Truck:
    1985 xtra cab
    I love these trucks on a nice set of big steelies! Truck looks great!

5. flacostaco

flacostaco Toyotaholic

Truck:
    87 pickup
    sheas a beauty

6. Dgerfan55

Dgerfan55 Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 pickup
    Welcome to TM. Nice truck you got there.

7. Sinister91

Sinister91 Member

Truck:
    1992 Std. Cab shorty
    Thanks guys! I love everyones trucks on the site and happy to be a part of it! Its hard to see in the pics but theres a lot of dings and dents to the truck, at some point ill do some body work and repaint it the same factory color. The only thing about this color that sucks is everyone has it around here haha. Coming up soon Ill be doing an exploder 8.8 rearend swap cuz I want the disc brakes and the LSD and while Im in there Ill redo my suspension and get the rear a little lower and add a traction bar. That and if i do an engine swap someday those things are damn near bulletproof! Also got a line on some 17" mustang wheels on newer tires for $200. If I like em Ill probly pick em up and paint or powdercoat them black.

8. guahan671

guahan671 Enthusiast

Truck:
    86 Toyota (sold)
    Those 300 steelies look awesome. Ive seen a 74 wit those on and I like'm Alot! It gives ur truck a more clean look! Nice TOY!!!

9. Sinister91

Sinister91 Member

Truck:
    1992 Std. Cab shorty
    Thanks! Yeah I like the steelies..if I keep running em though Im going to have to get some spacers for the front so I can quit rubbin a couple things.
    Picked me up an SR5 gauge cluster yesterday at the wrecking yard for $40. Got it home and started taking it apart, I switched my odometer over so that i reads close to what my other cluster reads. Started pulling the needles and gauge faces off so I can recolor them, got all the needles colored red now! On the backs of the gauge faces is a greenish tint that keeps your gauge faces from truely looking any color you want them too. First i did the speedo using acetone and qu-tips, then I got to the tach face and somehow the acetone soaked into the front of the face and ruined it:mad: So now I got to go back to the yard and try to get another cluster super cheap just to use the tach face out of it! On all the other gauge faces I went a safer method and used a super fine sand paper to sand the coating off. Thats all for now...once I finish the cluster Ill take pics for sure!

10. Sinister91

Sinister91 Member

Truck:
    1992 Std. Cab shorty
    Still havent finished my cluster, Ive been pretty busy lookin for a job and getting everything lined up for school. That, and I sold most of what was still left of my 88 4runner project! I still gotta pick up a tach face and Im now waiting on some white gauge face overlays to put in before its finished! I also ordered up some 1" wheel spacers to help kick my steelies out just little farther....I dont like how far they sit in haha. And I found out my parents are getting new wheels for there 2010 Honda Accord, and that means they are giving me there stock ones! Probly a 17x7.5, same lug pattern, and from what I can tell close to the same offset as my steelies. They should look great and be a little different!

11. cal1drop

cal1drop Newbie

Truck:
    91 single cab, short bed yota
    Very clean truck. Is it hard to switch to the srs cluster?

12. Sinister91

Sinister91 Member

Truck:
    1992 Std. Cab shorty
    The swap wasnt hard...just took a lot of time and patience. I could have just left it alone and threw it right in but I hate the factory green color the gauges are at night so I stripped the color off and can set up any color backlighting I want! That and I didnt want yellow/orange needles so I recolored them red. My cluster came from a v6 so I had to recalibrate the tach signal to work, and my truck wasnt prewired for a tach so I had to run my own wire. Anyways here she is.....

[​IMG]

Here is a pic of part of the teardown...I was also putting in my new doorpanels my gf made for me lol there PIMP!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also ordered some 1" wheel spacers last week to push my wheels out a bit more....next up will hopefully be a set of 4wd fenders and a 92-95 4runner bumper and valance!

13. Sinister91

Sinister91 Member

Truck:
    1992 Std. Cab shorty
    Hey dudes! Haven't updated in a long while....I've done a couple mods since being gone....which include building a header and exhaust, battery/intake swap, clear/red taillights, and new wheels! I've only got pics of the wheels and the tails but ill get some pics of the other stuff too. Enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  14. V8_TITAN

V8_TITAN Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 std cab
    looking good, love the door panels and the tail lights.

15. Sinister91

Sinister91 Member

Truck:
    1992 Std. Cab shorty
    So this past weekend I was supposed to finally get a small notch done on my truck so I could lower it more, but I couldnt recruit any help. So I decided to lower my truck some more anyways the way I had planned to see if it would work

[​IMG]

I moved the hole up an 1 1/4" and back a 1/2", it looks a lot better and cost absolutely nothing but my time to mark it and drill it! Now I really need a notch cuz my axle sits an inch below the frame, anyways on with some pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh and as of today I finally picked up a passenger side mirror, and both front 4wd fenders with corner lights for a hundred bucks, seemed to be the best deal I could find in my area:waytogo:

16. Da_Roach

Da_Roach Toyotaholic

Truck:
    (1) 92 RN80 (1) 2002 RZN150
    That looks good. Nice mod to the leaf springs. How is the ride quality?

17. Sinister91

Sinister91 Member

Truck:
    1992 Std. Cab shorty
    Ride quality is a bit stiff and bouncy right now...but I am riding on cut down factory bump stops, so that will tell you a lot haha. But I will report back once I get my notch done and have a little travel.

18. Sinister91

Sinister91 Member

Truck:
    1992 Std. Cab shorty
    Finally got my c notch done! And I relocated my shackle hangers a 1/2" back and frenched 3/4" of an inch into the frame. It took 3 days of hell and very little help but its finally done and the truck rides great! I also straightened out my bumper a bit and got my 4wd fenders painted and bolted on, heres some pics for your enjoyment, feel free to ask questions, and give comments or suggestions!

[​IMG]
    Bed off!

[​IMG]
    Stock frame before shackle hanger relocation

[​IMG]
    started some cutting lines

[​IMG]
    finished moving the shackle hanger

[​IMG]
    back side of finished shackle hanger

[​IMG]
    side of the frame before the cut

[​IMG]
    after the cut

[​IMG]
    main piece welded in

[​IMG]
    close up of the weld...

[​IMG]
    outer gusset welded on..the other side looks the same obviously...if you look close you can see I also eliminated the LSPV and the extra brake line that came with it!
    I thought I took some other pics of stuff like notching the crossmember under the cab for the driveshaft but I didnt. Heres a couple of pics of the truck completed...now I gotta drop the front a hair more to sit even again haha

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Kahuna

Kahuna Enthusiast

Truck:
    94 single cab
    Loving the stance!!!

20. Under Construction '93

Under Construction '93 Addict

Truck:
    1993 Std Pickup
    Truck looks really good bro! I have a thing for red. Gonna paint mine this summer. Keep up the good work.:waytogo: