need help with ebrake cables

Discussion in 'Suspension/Chassis' started by 91toyota, Sep 24, 2011.

1. 91toyota

91toyota Newbie

Truck:
    91 toyota pickup
    alright so im bagging my 91 toyota pickup single cab. the 4 link, bags and everything r done. n now i ran into a problem with my ebrake cables. when the truck is down the hole way they get tight and r in the way of the stock location of the gas tank. and there is no adjustment in the cables. i bought longer ones to see if they might work better, just didnt get to put em on yet. didnt know if anyone else ran into this problem or not. if so i could use some sugestions or pics of how u got around this problem. thanks

2. not forgotten

not forgotten Addict

Truck:
    82 SR5 L/B
    When I had my truck bagged and body dropped I had/still have the excate same problem.

I miss having an ebrake and I will get it working again, I sure its going to have to be custom made/routed. In the mean time if I am on a hill, I either just lay it out (the frame and body both lay hard, its not going any where and/or I keep (2) metal wheel chucks behind the seat. Our driveway has a pretty steep incline, it really sucks, backing out and pulling in. Next house is going to have a flat/level driveway! There are certain things that we have to live with having a bagged/body dropped truck, thats just the way it is, but I think its well worth it.

Hope you get your problem worked out.

3. planemos

planemos Toyotaholic

Truck:
    92 2wd Xtra-Cab,98 2wd Xtra-Cab, 1988 Toyota Supra turbo
    There's always a hydraulic e brake option. But you might want to go with discs in the rear for that. Maybe something off a nissan 5 lug car would work? I had my bagged truck e brake hooked up and it would catch when i went over bumps so i just took them out.

4. Under Construction '93

Under Construction '93 Addict

Truck:
    1993 Std Pickup
    just get rid of it. I dont run one at all. I lay it out wherever im parked. Even in really steep driveways it doesent go anywhere.

5. integra2nr

integra2nr Member

Truck:
    74 Hilux Long Bed
    Maybe get longer cables, a few strong small pulleys and do a custom routing?

6. planemos

planemos Toyotaholic

Truck:
    92 2wd Xtra-Cab,98 2wd Xtra-Cab, 1988 Toyota Supra turbo
    You might get by with just extending the threaded section where both cables attach at the front. I had my ebrake working but it was maxed out for the adjustment on that threaded piece. And my e brake would catch when I hit bumps. And my e brake lever thing inside the cab, i remember, was really tight. So there is room for improvement and maybe it IS possible. So ya...I suggest extending the threads (that's what a pro mechanic told me)

7. 91toyota

91toyota Newbie

Truck:
    91 toyota pickup
    Planmos. I sat in my garage for hours thinking of how I can get around my problem and i honestly came up with the same idea u have about extending that rod. Im gonna try it, only seems logic that it would work