Installing CD player

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by 78Lux, Sep 6, 2011.

1. 78Lux

78Lux Newbie

Truck:
    78 Hilux Longbed
    So, in my 78 Hilux, I had the stock Radio player. I took that out, and it only had the following wires: Blue, white with a Blue stripe, white, and a Green one, with a red adapter to it. I went to a nearby installer and they told me they wouldn't install it because of the year of my truck, and that it would be pointless to do it because of the dificulty. The guy said he would map out the wires for me though, but never called me back. Any ideas?

I feel kind of retarded asking how to install a CD player, because I did it just fine in my previous Hilux ('73), without a problem.

:brickknock:

2. gilpet79

gilpet79 Enthusiast

Truck:
    94 2wd
    Well you have all 4 basic wires to run a radio
    Speaker (two wires)
    Accessory
    Power
    BTW the ground was probably just a metal to metal contact aka NO WIRE
    Im going to guess that the GREEN wire is Positive and the BLUE wire is Accessory and the WHITE/BLUE & WHITE is Speakers. (dont trust me to that but you can test each wire easily.
    Speaker: wires make noise when hooked to power
    Power: hot at all time
    Acc: Hot when key to ON

If you are adding speakers you ill have to run your own wires through the truck
    Hope this helps
    -Pete

3. 78Lux

78Lux Newbie

Truck:
    78 Hilux Longbed
    I actually went and messed around with it a little more as I was waiting for a reply, I got all the wires hooked up except for the speaker one. I just have to wait till later tonight to file down the dash to fit my CD player in there. You were right though on which wire was what. Thanks for the help though!

4. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Might aswell run ur own wires. Aint that hard at all

5. blook

blook Newbie

Why don't you get a custom wire running from the head unit to the speakers. Standard default wires are not audiophile grade wires. I would suggest that you get a decent 0gauge wire from your local audio shop and use that.

I have a yaris and i am using oxygen free wires. believe me it sounds mucg better than the factory default wires.

cheers
    Mike
    Los Angeles Toyota

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2016