waiting for machine shop to call!!!!

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by suzuki07, Jun 1, 2011.

1. suzuki07

suzuki07 Enthusiast

Truck:
    92 isuzu , 92 yota, 07 suzuki
    Waiting for machine shop to be done with block and crank!!!! I have been looking at lce, engnblder, doa. i was thinking lce master rebuild kit for $594.95. And dont know if i need it but thinking of getting dual row timing kit $399.95? it comes with new timinig cover i need. mines been welded on its junk!!!! oh and another thing what kind or brand of pistons do lce use for there (STREET PERFOMANCE CAST PISTONS)!! Dont want to end up buying :)puke:keith black pistons:puke:) this just for bottom end i also need a head!!!:brickknock::brickknock:

2. SD YOTA

SD YOTA Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    2000 Toyota Tacoma 2wd
    im about to tear into another motor myself... ill be using engnbldr's master rebuild kit again. i was happy for the price and quality of parts they supplied. unless you are really gonna build up and flog your motor around, the single row chain and steel backed guides will be just fine.

what all are you looking to get out of your motor?

3. Raffaelli

Raffaelli Toyotaholic

Truck:
    82 Longbed 2WD
  4. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    $1000 for a overpriced dual row timing set and rebuild kit that uses a junk fel pro head gasket... :ROFL: I run engnbldr.com stuff and I love it. $254 shipped to my door for a complete rebuild kit with gaskets, timing set, cover and oil pump. :D

5. B.Y.E.

B.Y.E. Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1982 2wd Hilux
    Whatever pistons you choose get em' oversized... "There's no replacement for displacement" :waytogo:

What kind of head gasket does engnbldr use? Just curious because I use fel-pro and havent had any problems... *knock on wood* :shrug:

6. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    Engnbldr uses rock brand gaskets. The head gasket is metal clad like the factory one. I've blown every fel pro head gasket I ever put on a toyota. They build them just like they do for the cast iron head American engines and that doesn't work when you have an aluminum head with a different expansion and contraction rate than the cast iron block.

7. SD YOTA

SD YOTA Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    2000 Toyota Tacoma 2wd

all VERY valid factual points....... these guys know a bit or two about engine builds. the only thing i really have to add is that your parts selection and price will all depend on what you are aiming to build your motor to do.

a modest rebuild will run you cheap for these motors and engnbldr is a well priced option for the quality. if you want high end performance, LCE is an *easy* place to source out good quality parts for such but you will pay accordingly....... they ARE a performance oriented company mind you.

so the question still burns....... whats your goal with your engine? :thinking:

8. Raffaelli

Raffaelli Toyotaholic

Truck:
    82 Longbed 2WD
    Hmm man, Ive ran both a Rock and a felpro headgasket.

Both are composite gaskets, (IDK exactly how to describe), but like a steel base with a graphite coating on both sides.

Now on the other hand MLS headgaskets are usually 3 layers of steel/stainless rivited together and *lightly* coated with a sealer agent. They are stronger against blowouts.

But the difference is this-

To run the MLS gasket, The head and the block surface has to be extreamly flat and have a high RA (smoothness). If the surface isnt smooth enough, the rough edges will eat the gasket as the head expands and contracts during heat cycles.

This happened to a Honda 22R all Motor did a HG job on.

And my opinion, short of boost or nitrous, (and maybe like 14:1 compression), a felpro/rock gasket is fine. I havent blown 1 headgasket in my hybrid and I beat that sucker to death every time I drive it. (I just never overheat it)

Ahh sorry for the book...:nana:

9. Nook

Nook Addict

Whats that old saying,,:thinking: you get what you pay for!!
    I,ve used both LCE :clapping: and engnblunder:puke: parts, personally I'll stick with LCE for peace of mind.

10. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    LC---------------THEY KNOW THEIR STUFF
    & SELL QUALITY PARTS!:cool:

11. Nook

Nook Addict

12. suzuki07

suzuki07 Enthusiast

Truck:

SD YOTA

sorry bro havent loged>
    I want a daily driver, but with a kick! But effen reliable!!!! Because my 22re has a hard time going over bridges with my moto. So my bud Raffaelli mentioned;WHAT IF U BUILD IT UP A NOTCH MORE:evil: bye getting forged pistons:eek::runaway: and a 75 shot nitros kit:eyecrazy::drool: so now thats the reason am asking asking sooo many questions. i like his idea:drunk:

13. IronNam

IronNam Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 XCab
    going over bridges?
    dude, how much do your moto's weigh?

14. suzuki07

suzuki07 Enthusiast

Truck:
    ordered some goodies from lce this friday!!! and 2marrow ordering some more parts!!!!!

15. Raffaelli

Raffaelli Toyotaholic

Truck:
    82 Longbed 2WD
    Ordered---

Bearings, thrust washers, timing cover, timing set, and brass plugs ordered....

Time to wait.

16. 22R_All_Motor!

22R_All_Motor! Addict

Truck:
    84 pickup
    These "bridges" don't have that much of a steep grade, but, takes about 30 seconds to get across... average... a typical car would go up and as time goes by speed goes DOWN, HAH! That's why I laugh at Honda's trying to get over this big ass bridge on the SE side... Idk where they are exactly located, but I have a feeling I know what bridges Oscar's referring to...

17. suzuki07

suzuki07 Enthusiast

Truck:
    fresh 22re!!!

Finally my truck is running like a champ. Thanks to my bud Raffaelli, Ricky for helping.