71 Hilux 8rc carb diagram or pic

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by jermkline, Mar 6, 2011.

1. jermkline

jermkline Newbie

Howdy,

Several years ago I picked up a 71 hilux to use as my daily driver since it had some of the cool factor as folks don't see em often. Well, the other day I was under the hood and noticed the vacuum diaphragm on the carb is disconnected and linkage is missing. I'm trying to track it down.

Does anyone have a diagram, a picture of the rear of the carb showing the linkage? Or possibly an old parts carb that they'd sell the linkage from?

My carb is an Aisan DW34A.

Also, if there are any resources I should know about pass em my way too. I'll be restoring this truck.

2. Radioflyer90

Radioflyer90 Newbie

Truck:
    1971 Hilux
    If you are talking about the part of the carb I think you are talking about, you don't need that linkage. That is part of the emissions control system- basically it slows down how fast the throttle closes so that the engine always has plenty of air to burn the fuel going through it as you decelerate. The screw fell out of mine about ten years ago, so I removed the whole apparatus and haven't noticed any change in performance. On the other hand, I did remove all the vacuum lines except the brake booster, distributor advance, and PCV hose (along with the vacuum distribution box on the fenderwell) and performance improved dramatically.

If I could find the parts, I would send you a picture. They're probably in a box somewhere...

3. powertech

powertech Enthusiast

Truck:
    1970 hilux
    i drilled the rivets out of it that hold it to the choke cable bracket and threw it in the trash myself.

and only use one vacuum hose . besides the brake booster of course .
    I just retained the one vacuum line that goes to the advance side of the distributor .

mine runs great.

here is my thread from when i was in the same boat as you.

http://www.toyotaminis.com/forum/engine-drivetrain-46/70-hilux-8rc-vacume-hoses-6852/