92 tuner/drifter

Discussion in '1989-1995 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by rustedrebel09, Mar 18, 2011.

1. rustedrebel09

rustedrebel09 Newbie

Truck:
    92 stdcab 2wd 22re
    figured it was time to start a one of these. so i have a 1992 2wd short bed that is my daily driver, and i want to start making it my own. the style i really want to go with is the older jap drifter look. with the small super wide wheels and as low as possible. as she sits now i have loosened the torsion bars and has 3inch blocks in the back other than that she is a stocker. i plan to do a bj flip and either drop a arms or spindles and drop leaf springs. but i am 19 and unemployed so money is tight so things will change slowly. right now i am looking to get some nice deep dish wheels for cheap im thinking like 15x9 or so with some 185s streched on

here are some pics of her as she sits today

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. planemos

planemos Toyotaholic

Truck:
    92 2wd Xtra-Cab,98 2wd Xtra-Cab, 1988 Toyota Supra turbo
    Well if you are wanting to go lower than look at all clearance issues. The bolts under your fender on the front (bolts for power steering reservoir and stuff on the fender) will be one of the first things to begin digging into your tires. In the back you can only lower it so much before your axle will be resting on the frame, requiring a notch.

3. Dgerfan55

Dgerfan55 Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 pickup
    Nice and welcome to TM. Pull the midlle leaf in back and do a b/j flip in the front to get that extra 1 inch lower. No cost and easy to do.

4. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Dnt forget u might uave to cut the xmember at the back of the cab when u start getn close to a 5" drop

5. rustedrebel09

rustedrebel09 Newbie

Truck:
    92 stdcab 2wd 22re
    well she is manual steering. but im bummed about how much it takes to really lower it to where i want it. so ive saved up some money so i am looking for a good set wheels to come along. i will probably do the bj flip next week when i get some free time.

6. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    It actually is easy. Just more than one process.

7. Dgerfan55

Dgerfan55 Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 pickup
    Yes it is easy plus by pulling the middle leaf in back will keep your stance straight.