The 4Runner I bought, Check it out!

Discussion in '1984-1988 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by ChOpPeD~N~DROPped, Feb 7, 2008.

1. ChOpPeD~N~DROPped

ChOpPeD~N~DROPped Enthusiast

Truck:
    94 Extended cab
    Ok, Well I bought this about 2 weeks ago from a guy that my step-dad works with. It's definately not a show winner but I couldn't beat it for the price. The Good!!! It runs good, drives good, but is missing 4th gear, the 4wd works in it, has a new set of 31" tires, rusty American racing wheels, new Bilstein shocks, the heat even works, and suprisingly the windshield doesn't have a crack in it, lol. The bad.... The interior was pretty much trashed, the body is rough a hell (there isn't a panel on it that doesn't have a dent), there is no glass in the tailgate, the glass in the hard top behind the passenger seat is busted out. The reason I got it so cheap is because it was overheating, the guy said he had his fun with it and it was time for him to find something else. he didn't wanna sink anymore money into it. So we drive it down the road, runs good. we thought it might of just been the water pump, it was leaking from somewhere in the front of the engine. we didn't pop the hood to see. So I drive it home and it started to get a little hot by the time I got there. So I pop the hood to really see where the leak is coming from, and the rubber hose coming out of the timing cover had a pin hole in it. $8 at the parts store, I put it on and it hasn't overheated since. But I had to replace the alternator too I guess where it had been leaking coolant on it screwed it up, Luckily I had an extra one put it on and it's running fine now. So here are some pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Yes, that is some custom interior work, aka house carpet. Come to find out the carpet was blue once upon a time, it just turned green for some weird reason.
    [​IMG]

2. ChOpPeD~N~DROPped

Truck:
    94 Extended cab
    more pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

By the way, it doesn't look as bad in these pictures as it did when I first got it. I had cleaned it up some. Since then I have ripped out the carpet, took out the back seat cushions, made a new back bumper for it. Bought some spray in bed liner in a can and covered the whole floor in it. And if you're wandering what the parts are in the pictures it's a 4" lift kit that I found at the junkyard for it!

3. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1987 Toyota 2wd JT4RN50 Airbagged custom
    I like it . . .

I like it, mostly because of the price and such. Should be a nice fixR-upR', betcha wished you had that when it snowed and the unfortunate event happened to your other truck ! ! ! Even if you dont wheel this around long, I see ALOT of usable parts that could be auctioned off and/or used !

L o w N l o u d

:rolleyes:

:)

4. ChOpPeD~N~DROPped

Truck:
    94 Extended cab
    Yea, I wish I would've had it then. I forgot to say how much I gave for it but I'll tell ya, it was only $300. Not too bad, the guy insisted he was giving me a discount because of all the change he left in there, I guess he was right because I've probably found $15 in change after I pulled everything out and ripped out the carpet.

5. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1987 Toyota 2wd JT4RN50 Airbagged custom
    Omg . . .

You are one lucky SOB to get it for that price ! I got one for ya ! I got my 84' ext cab no engine or tranny, or bed/frame from the back of the cab for 30 $, How it happened was I bought the bucket seats from him and he gave me the whole truck :eek: , so I either hava project or a parts wh**e to sell ( everything the glass, trim(s), new radiator, brand new windsheild " no chips " with trim (black) NO Rust !). I dunno what yet !

L o w N l o u d

6. skip

skip Enthusiast

Truck:
    1992 std cab, 1986 std cab
    I bought my 1990 runner for 500 bucks and its straight but is has a blow head gasket. I love the old style 4runners. they look good with a SAS and some big mudders

7. slacker

slacker Addict

Truck:
    84-7m-GTE custom
  8. ChOpPeD~N~DROPped

Truck:
    94 Extended cab
    thats a pretty sweeet 4runner I would totally do that but I doubt I'll ever spend that much money on it because mine is so beat up and rusted out. But I do really like it. How much does a kit like that cost?

9. slacker

slacker Addict

Truck:
    84-7m-GTE custom
    $1200.00 area . complete panels .