Teen Spirit

Discussion in 'Pre-1975 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by speedkills, Jun 30, 2017.

1. speedkills

speedkills Newbie

IMG_1724.JPG well it started on january 22 of this year. Typical don't be on Craigslist if you don't have to be. 1500 bucks. I mean how could this possibly be a bad idea. My best worst idea is how I like to think of it.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  2. speedkills

speedkills Newbie

3. speedkills

speedkills Newbie

IMG_0117.JPG Then the motor blew up , had a 20r in it not the 18rc and the guy jimmy rigged everything and it was a big headache for a while. But I fixed it until it blew up and after some research I decided on the black top beams. Going really smooth at the moment. IMG_0122.JPG I had to cut almost all of the Xmember/subframe out to get the motor more where I liked it. But it's where I liked it so I sent it to the shop to get the sub frame boxed and motor and trans mounts made. Looking to pick it up this weekend.

4. joe

joe Member

nice ride; nice patinca

5. speedkills

speedkills Newbie

IMG_0246.JPG Got the motor in, here's what we did for motor mounts. IMG_0249.JPG

6. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Mounts look good. Hopefully the hood clears

7. speedkills

speedkills Newbie

IMG_0259.JPG And got the cab all cut for the first test fit. Gonna get it on this weekend and mock up a tunnel then weld it all together. Drivelines came yesterday so my driveshaft will be done next week. Then gotta re run my break lines. I have to do break lines from scratch. Been watching some you tube videos but I still don't understand why and where to put the coils in the line ? If anyone could give me some input that'd be rad.

8. speedkills

speedkills Newbie

It won't I already did the calculations. Gonna have to cowl it.

9. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Dang it would be nice to have it as low profile as possible.

And you dont necessarily need the coils in the line, i think theyre there for cooling. I didnt do any coils when i did my brake lines

10. YOguyDA

YOguyDA Addict

Truck:
    1986 Regular Cab
    I thought the coils are so the front brake lines are of equal length...

11. speedkills

speedkills Newbie

That's a good point I never thought about that. But I'm almost certain that the was only one line that had the coils and it was the front passenger and that line is was longer with or with out the coil from the front driver. So idk I'll keep doing my research. I read that they're called flex zones and they're used for when you're hard breaking that the wall of the line doesn't blow out.

A lot of people have said that when they redid theirs the ditched them like you did. I'm probably gonna ditch them as well.