Future HID projector coversion - looking for help

Discussion in 'Exterior/Body' started by Minischwendy, Aug 11, 2014.

1. LilRed93

LilRed93 Addict

Truck:
    1993 Pickup
    Awww I second the "write up"! You sir are a HID master. Very good info that I myself am taking into consideration. Props. :waytogo:

2. LilRed93

LilRed93 Addict

Truck:
    1993 Pickup
    Ok did some looking on the retro site and holy cow I can't wait to get some real head lights in my truck. On a side note I'm extremely happy that they sell a 7" kit as well. Now I can convert my C/10 to HID's. :waytogo:

3. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    Projectors are the best for sure but I'm happy with my Hella housings with 55 watt HID's. They focus the light sooo much better (more like they focus it, while the old housings scattered it :lol: ) and they have a decent cut off. I won't say they are a replacement for projectors but for the cash I have into them I'm happy. :D

4. IronNam

IronNam Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 XCab
    Stick with TRS. I didn't take the time out of my day to educate others for them to take the cheap, incorrect route to blind others for the placebo effect of "I can see more with these HID's in these cheap reflectors."

I appreciate the kind words, gentlemen. I'll be making a write up when I return stateside. I'll have some better photos, also. Everything about a projector retrofit is going to be worth the time and money spent, especially with consistent quality products from Morimoto.

If you call TRS, they have some LED 7x6" headlamps on sale for $180 I believe. The output is pretty decent for a LED setup out of the box.

5. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    :lol: Your panties are getting a bit twisted for nothing.

I already said projectors are certainly better because I know they are. For what it is I'm happy with what I have. If I had 35 watt balasts & bulbs they would scatter light even less but the 55 watt setup is fawking bright.

I'm looking to put true projectors in my semi since I drive it over 100k miles a year its far more important to have the proper setup in that than my pickup.

6. IronNam

IronNam Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 XCab
    The initial part of my reply wasn't geared towards you, sorry.

but I don't forgive you for HID's in reflectors. You should feel bad. :) j/k

7. YOguyDA

YOguyDA Addict

Truck:
    1986 Regular Cab
  8. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    No worries. :lol:

I know that the vast majority of reflectors don't control light worth a damn. My wife want's HID's in her 94 runner and I told her no since those headlights absolutely blind oncoming traffic. She's on the hunt for a '04-06 scion xb so at least with that rig I can get projector headlights for it easily.