Wiring diagram

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by 81SR5Al, Aug 30, 2010.

1. 81SR5Al

81SR5Al Addict

Truck:
    1980 SR5
    Anyone have one for a 79-83? I need to go over some wiring for my '80 and would like a reference for how it's supposed to be set up. My wipers stopped working suddenly so I want to trace the issue.

Thanks in advance! :D

2. Raffaelli

Raffaelli Toyotaholic

Truck:
    82 Longbed 2WD
    I do. I have the factory service manual and its at my other house. So gimmie a day or two...

3. Phssthpok

Phssthpok Member

Truck:
    77 longbed, 81 4x4, 84 X-tra cab
    May not be electrical at all. On my 77 the plastic bushing that connects the motor to the arm disintegrated allowing the arm to fall off. The wiper motor is so quiet that you can't tell if it's running or not with the engine running.

Just a thought.;)

4. 81SR5Al

81SR5Al Addict

Truck:
    1980 SR5
    They were working fine but when I cleaned up the wiring in the engine compartment they stopped working. Since I like in the NW I can't go without the wipers. I checked the fuse too thinking it might be something that simple... I was wrong, all the fuses are fine.

Raffaelli that's cool thanks, I appreciate it. I won't get to it for a few days anyways so that is great. :waytogo:

5. AToyRuck

AToyRuck Newbie

I was able to photocopy one from an all makes manual at the public library. If you're in a pinch.

6. 81SR5Al

81SR5Al Addict

Truck:
    1980 SR5
    Thanks guys. I'm sure I can just trace the wiring from the motor to the switch... I'm guessing I unplugged something as they were working fine before. Just was trying to have a guide to where things were instead of tracing the whole thing!