will 92' leaf springs fit an 86'?

Discussion in 'Maintenance/Repair' started by skip, Nov 20, 2007.

1. skip

skip Enthusiast

Truck:
    1992 std cab, 1986 std cab
    I have an extra set of leaf springs off my 92', and i was wondering if they will fit my 86'? Im going to be pulling a leaf on my 86' for more of a drop but if the 92' leaf springs will fit ill just pull the leaf on those and then install them on my 86'. let me know. ps i got new wheels and tires on my 86' yesterday ill post pics when i get a chance

2. smctoy

smctoy Toyotaholic

Truck:
    91 xcab...
    No...the 84-88 & 89-95 leaf springs are different. A few years back I broke one on my 91 & tried one off an 85 model & the 85 truck leaf springs were shorter!

3. skip

skip Enthusiast

Truck:
    but wouldnt it work because im putting one off a 92 (longer) onto a 86 (shorter)? I mean as long as its not alot longer wont the leaf spring hangers just swing out more? I could see it working if the 92 was only 2'' at most longer. am i being stupid or would this work?

4. smctoy

smctoy Toyotaholic

Truck:
    91 xcab...
    All I can say is try & see bro...I think it will be too long for your truck. I cant remember what the difference in the two is, but It was enough to where it wouldnt work for my truck. When you bolt it all up just make sure that it doesnt pull the driveshaft out the transmission too much & who knows it may work out!!

5. skip

skip Enthusiast

Truck:
    ya i might just give it a try. thanks for the advice man