Who's running electric fan/s?

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by SD YOTA, Feb 8, 2009.

1. scrub88

scrub88 Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 toy short bed
    22r88. jegs.com Carey's a 800cfm 8 inch slim fan that would fit nice there I have one on the shelf if you want measurements and depths only pulls 4amps ..proably excellent for cooling a small condenser . I'm using a single slim 1200 cfm 10 inch fan no shroud on my radiator on manual override and a 170 sensing bulb auto on

2. The Jewish Guy

The Jewish Guy Veteran

post pics

3. beyondspexj

beyondspexj Addict

Truck:
    85 Pickup
    Where are you guys installing the temp sensors? Pics?

4. 22R88

22R88 Veteran

Truck:
    1988 Reg Cab Deluxe RN50
    Yes please post pics and size !!

22R88

5. The Jewish Guy

The Jewish Guy Veteran

I installed mine here with a fan relay kit i bought on ebay but the problem with chinese stuff is the threat that the thermostat can go bad and mine went after one week of use.
    Since the switch or trigger is this thermostat it must used as a negative connection or ground .. I went to Lowes and bought two sets of 3/8 brass fittings , a little JB Weld and problem with this is that the fan remained on after i shut down the car for about an hour and that runs your battery down.. I suggest you connect the trigger wire from your ignition steering column and not the coil. It is safer like this.

This is where the negative switch was installed... since it was a bit long i had to get a 3/8" thread elbow from Lowes ( $3.99) to make it work with a little JB Weld

[​IMG]

I also used some sealant that i got from ACE hardware that is especially formulated to work in fuel systems...I used this stuff on my HP VW Motor for my '67 Beetle.
    [​IMG]

6. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    Is not for automotive ( gasoline)!
    Water & natural gas pie thread sealant!!:cool:

7. animoToY808

animoToY808 Newbie

Truck:
    88 $ingle cab 22r
    What year ford Taurus did it come off of?????

8. The Jewish Guy

The Jewish Guy Veteran

1992 Ford Taurus...or Mercury Sable
    As long as it is '95 and older
    These fans have two speeds.. if you can rig it to run the low for normal cooling and then run a trigger to run the High speed when the AC comes on it will blow at 2800 CFM... that is cooling power !!

You have to make some cuts so it can get around the radiator inlets and outlets but it will fit flush. I have used these fans on my RX7's and if you know Rotaries.. they run hot.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also added some spacer made of Nylon bushings I bought at ACE hardware.
    I also used two self tapping bolts/screws to secure the fan shroud to the radiator frame. You will see that there is enough lip to drill a hole onto it without damaging your radiator.. I used vise clamps to secure it so i would drill straight.
    My fan's trigger comes straight from the ignition where the ignition key is...
    I don't recommend getting the trigger off the ignition coil because it will get hot and you can burn your coil. I ran a wire through the firewall directly to ignition key socket.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  9. YOguyDA

YOguyDA Addict

Truck:
    1986 Regular Cab
    Anyone have pics of the thermo switch installed on a 22r?

I'm a little ??? On where it SHOULD be installed and what size threads, etc I should be going for...

10. scrub88

scrub88 Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 toy short bed
    The thermo switch could be installed on the intake manifold on one of the coolant plugs thnk there's a few extra threaded spots to pick from buy the thermostats housing .. Not sure of thread size .. I used a thermo sensing bulb it's about and inch long stuffed into the fins of the radiator it's more of a older style of doing it but it works .. Senses heat using thermo wire ohms .then sends the signal to the fan also have a manual override if need be

11. NashMan

NashMan Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 2wd
    this is my set up

diagram

[​IMG]

pic's of setup
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]