Wheel Fitment!!

Discussion in 'Wheels/Tires' started by unraveled, Dec 21, 2009.

1. unraveled

unraveled Member

I need help in deciding what size rim i want to go with. I would love to go with 15's but when i was further exploring the front suspension, and I found something that might be a problem..... The front suspension at the top im guessing Ball joint, looks like if i went with a low offset wheel it would not clear the joint. I need some one to confirm if they ever had this problem.... Or just let me know whats the best offset to fit the 15' wheel. Thank you guys.

P.S. Post pictures... This could be the start of are Offset/Fitment Thread.

2. Toyo Trucker

Toyo Trucker Addict

Actually, the lower the offset the better clearance from the spindle.

I'm running 17x9 ET+0.

Most guys are concerned about tucking the wheels. I like getting it as wide as possible and flaring the fenders.

Attached Files:

3. unraveled

unraveled Member

So am I, I want Stance and for the wheels to be flush with the fender or having to pull/ roll the fenders. But having low offset in the front is not going to work because of that joint.

4. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    your probably guna have to ditch the idea of 15s. or just get a really REALLY low offset. Like half the wheel coming out the side

5. SD YOTA

SD YOTA Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    2000 Toyota Tacoma 2wd
    im not sure what suspension setup you are looking to do but..... i had a 4/4 drop back when i first lowered the truck on stock 14's with that high offset and they cleared inside the wheels......... bj's never rubbed.

if you go with a LOW offset, then your wheel will stick out further and will be further away from the ball joint. its when you go with a HIGH offset that the wheel will tuck in further and also come closer to the bj. im currently running a 16x7 up front with 18+ and dont even come close to rubbing anything other than tire :D

6. KYNgsx

KYNgsx Enthusiast

Truck:
    89 2wd
    15's work fine. Mine are 15x7 with a -12 offset and 195/50 tires. It might be close with stock fenders, but since mine were already pulled and rolled, I don't have any rubbing, even at full lock.:waytogo:

[​IMG]

7. IronNam

IronNam Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 XCab
    I'll be glad to tuck the tread of my tires. which i already do lol