What the hell is this?

Discussion in 'Maintenance/Repair' started by g6u7a1m, Jul 1, 2009.

1. g6u7a1m

g6u7a1m Newbie

Truck:
    Hey guys, I am having some EGR problems, I already did all the tests, like for the EGR modulator and the EGR valve, I took a shot in the dark and replaced the EGR valve anway, I was getting desperate. Anyway, I was going over my EGR diagram and found out that some line was mixed up and corrected that, but there is something on my intake manifold where hoses go and from what I read on my diagram, it is a "fuel filter", but the picture in the diagram shows only two lines going to this "fuel filter", but on the actual "fuel filter" there is another spot for another vacuum line, there is nothing going to there now, should I cap it? Or does somebody know where it actually goes? Here are some pictures, thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. B.Y.E.

B.Y.E. Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1982 2wd Hilux
    Yea chelu, you only need 2 of those... Just plug one up... Is the check engine light on?

3. g6u7a1m

g6u7a1m Newbie

Truck:
    Thanks chelu', the check engine light is not on right now, it was on when the lines were mixed up then it went out when I fixed the lines. The issue I am having is when I do plug it up, it runs crappy, hesitates during acceleration but when I have it unplugged, it runs better. So I don't know what the heck is going on. I thought it was my fuel filter and I changed that today. I haven't drove it that much sinced I replaced it. I hope this fixes the hesitation issue. Thanks again chelu' and your truck is solid by the way. HEY!

4. thundering02

thundering02 Addict

What does chelu mean?

5. B.Y.E.

B.Y.E. Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1982 2wd Hilux
    It means "brother" or "bro" in the native language (Chamorro) of Guam. There are quite a bit of us on the board from there that have sinced move to the mainland, either by choice or the armed forces...

6. thundering02

thundering02 Addict

Ah understood ... I just noticed it rather frequently in the last couple of days so I was curious.