What the hell is this?

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by LuXxx_1820, Dec 23, 2013.

1. LuXxx_1820

LuXxx_1820 Member

Truck:
    1989 xcab n extended bed
    I bought my truck about 3yrs ago from the older man and believe it or not but i never really got around to inspecting the whole truck from the inside so today i looked behind my seat and behind it i notice this PIECE of whatever it is and i was wondering if you guys knew what it was. It sits in my x-cab floor and i want to get rid of it eventually cause a sound system will sit back there but idk what that metal piece is? Suggestions anyone?

Also while am at it,does anyone know how i can fix this cracking in my cover?

Attached Files:

2. 22R88

22R88 Veteran

Truck:
    1988 Reg Cab Deluxe RN50
    The metal bracket is to hold the tire jack and if you do a search on dashes you will find different options such as dash covers, trying to fix the cracks ( doesn't work too well) I recovered mine with vinyl and it came out OK. Search my post and you will see some pics of what I did. I do have a hard plastic dash cap with a small crack on the side if you are interested in it.

22R88

3. LuXxx_1820

LuXxx_1820 Member

Truck:
    1989 xcab n extended bed
    May i see a pix of it? And as for that metal bracket that holds the jack what if i grind it off?

4. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    Yes you can cut the bracket off. I have a dash mat on my 84. Not that it needed it since the dash is perfect but it came with a parts truck and it's tan just like my interior so I figured what the hell. :lol: