Weber 32/36 - INSTALL - 22R

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by toy_boy, Feb 13, 2009.

1. toy_boy

toy_boy Addict

Truck:
    1979 Toyota 4x4
    Ok, I called REDLINE yesterday and they in turn referred me to Carburetors Unlimited out of WA.

$275 and some change. FREE SHIPPING. Please note: manual choke.

Since I will be adding this carb without worrying about emissions I'd like to start a detailed thread on the install and *deletion* of vacuum lines no longer needed.

I'll eventually be upgrading to a DT header, but that won't be for a few weeks. I'd like to run this carb with my stock exhaust, first.

Looking at my 22R motor in my recently purchased 82' pu (2WD), and all it's vacuum lines, I haven't a clue which can now go, and how do I go about plugging them up, and which do I make sure - stay - and where do they go. (I assume my carb will arrive with some sort of instructions.)

But I don't think there will be any instructions on the how-to remove lines I can do without.

If someone will help with instructions, as I do the install I will take photos and add them to this thread for future inquiries.

A friend told me I will have to keep at least two vac lines....advance and brake booster? I have messed with carbs before, but all that experience was on an Edelbrock and a Chevy 383 stroker. It's been a few years, but I don't remember having that many vac lines to contend with on that motor.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  2. ShoNuff

ShoNuff Toyotaholic

Truck:
    75 hilux, 80 4x4
    in a nutshell:

remove them ALL, proceed directly to garbage can.

only your brake booster "needs" vacuum.

you can plug the dizzy in too if you want.

and if your removing the emissions dont forget to make some block off plates for the EGR valve. leaving it on is not a good idea, makes it very hard to tune.

and there should be instructions for the conversion with the kit.

3. toy_boy

toy_boy Addict

Truck:
    1979 Toyota 4x4
    When I "block off" the EGR will I have to mess with the timing/advance to further tune the motor or will "tuning" only involve the new carb itself?

4. ShoNuff

ShoNuff Toyotaholic

Truck:
    75 hilux, 80 4x4
    "tuning" is everything from the type of gas you run, to the amount of gap on a spark plug. of course you will have to set the timing.

but the egr is a part of the emissions system, it recirculates exhaust gasses back into the intake. with out a air pump or the proper lines to it (dont ask i dont know) it will make your motor run rich all the time.

in about a week, i will have EGR disable plates for sale, they will pass a visual emissions inspection;)

5. smctoy

smctoy Toyotaholic

Truck:
    91 xcab...