toyota T100 suspension discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SD YOTA, Jul 27, 2013.

1. SD YOTA

SD YOTA Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    2000 Toyota Tacoma 2wd
    ok so, i had grown tired of not finding a decent set of 15x10 wheels on craigslist for the truck. anyhow, i noticed lots of 15x10 in the six lugs! like lots of em... further into the story, me and a buddy of mine seen a slammed T100 and noticed it was using a 6 lug setup, i never knew but i guess the T100 suspension setup is seriously identical to the smaller hilux trucks. the only immediate difference was the 6 lugs and the brake setup from what i can see....

now, im thinking to myself, the breaks on these trucks are far bigger, better, and dual pot caliper setup like the 4x4's. im wondering if with the spindles from a 2wd T100, along with the bigger brakes, i could swap in the setup, bolt in the axle shafts from the rear of a 4x4 and get a 6 lug setup with bigger brakes, and the availability of the wider offroad wheels and factory 6 lug toyota wheels.

thoughts?

[​IMG]

2. FOKAI

FOKAI Veteran

Truck:
    84 truck, 05 4Runner
    5 lug to 6 lug swaps have been done back home without upgrading the brakes. If I remember correctly you use the whole front hub assembly from a Nissan Hardbody. You will have to use a washer as a space when mounting it. You use your stock calipers with the exception of grinding down your brake pads. Not sure exactly which one. For the rear, I don't know if they swap out the axle shafts from a 6 lug or the whole axle itself. Hopefully the Guam guys can chime in for more information.

3. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    By the time you're done screwing with sourcing the parts and making it all work you'd have been better off just ordering a set of wheels from summit and been done with it.

I've got a buddy with a b2000 that lays door on 20" caddy wheels that want's to convert to 5 on 4.5 since there is a better selection of wheels in that pattern. Funny how that works eh? :lol:

4. carinaguy

carinaguy Member

Truck:
    1976 Long bed
    I have been wondering the same thing about hubs and spindles, but going the other way too. I have a T100 I would like to convert to 5lug and use 2" drop spindles. Just never took the time to dismantle all the bits and compare them to see how compatible they are.

If it is possible to put the 6lug hub and brakes on a Toymini it would be a nice upgrade for all the Toyota camper owners out there, myself included.

I do know that Toyota pulled a lot of parts out of the same bins when they designed the T100 because they were feeling pressure to get something to market in that size segment.

Let us know if you find out anything definate!

5. SD YOTA

SD YOTA Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    2000 Toyota Tacoma 2wd
    yea... like i said... it was just a thought. the cost to buy the parts can possibly out grow the cost of getting the right wheels... but i also looked at it as a big brake upgrade. im gonna take a closer look at the t100 when i get back to the yards again..

6. standardbyker88

standardbyker88 Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    78 lolux and an 89 ramcharger
    Sounds like a cool plan. Then you can run some of the stock 4 spoke 4wd rims and throw people off. They will think you have the 4 lug versions at first lol.

7. flacostaco

flacostaco Toyotaholic

Truck:
    87 pickup
    4runners u already have the v6 and 4runner up front are pretty similar to the toys:thinking:

8. FOKAI

FOKAI Veteran

Truck:
    84 truck, 05 4Runner
    Tacoma rims and offset 8's.

Attached Files:

9. standardbyker88

standardbyker88 Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    78 lolux and an 89 ramcharger
    Do that! ^^