Toyota Hilux LSPV question

Discussion in 'Maintenance/Repair' started by darrenhopper, Dec 8, 2010.

1. darrenhopper

darrenhopper Member

Hi all,

I have a question about the brake line plumbing on my Hilux project. I've run new brake lines to the rear of the truck but I completely forgot to check which of the two pipes go to the Front & Rear brake circuits on the LSPV (shown below).

[​IMG]

Could someone who has an unmodified brake system on a Hilux please trace one of the brake lines from inside the front wheel arch to the Load Valve inside the rear wheelarch?

It doesn't matter which pipe is traced so long as you can take note at each end which is which.

I am familiar with the idea of removing the Valve & plumbing directly to the rear brake circuit but unfortunately I will not pass the vehicle safety test here in Ireland without one.

What you should see:
    At the Front: Two brake fittings:

One going to a T-shaped union - to the front caliper - the master cylinder & The LSPV at the rear.
    The second going to the LSPV directly through an L-shaped union.

At the rear: Just inside the chassis rail, with a bar going to the axle (see photo), there is a Load Valve with two lines coming from the front wheelarch. One pipe is connected above the other.
    The third pipe goes to the rear axle.

Now if I have completely confused myself and you guys typing all this please do give out to me!

2. flg8r22

flg8r22 Enthusiast

Truck:
    81 4x4, 83 4x4, 86 4x4
    if i'm understanding correctly, the front line goes to the bottom of the proportioning valve and the rear hooks up to the top. not sure if your year truck is the same as my 81 tho.

3. darrenhopper

darrenhopper Member

Much appreciated mate!
    That is how I figured it should have gone by squinting really hard at a diagram of the valve but it's nice to hear it confirmed.

The brakes did behave themselves on the way to work this morning as well!
    Thanks again..