Torsion bar drop

Discussion in 'Suspension/Chassis' started by Radchadtrinidad, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Radchadtrinidad

Radchadtrinidad Member

Truck:
    86 pickup
    How much lower will loosening the torsion bars give you? I wanted my truck to have camber up front so I thought loosening the torsion bar would do the trick + free drop. How low will it get me? Would I have to put torsion drop keys in?

2. 1lowSr5

1lowSr5 Addict

Truck:
    90' xtra cab Sr5, 2003 taco
    Not low enough to camber, had min to where when I hit a bump it would run the inner fender and it wasn't cambered. You need to add wishbone spacers behind the upper control arm mount. BUUT doing this can be dangerous and is not recommended, front wheel camber can and will cause accidents, trust me, wrecked a car due to camber... jMO :waytogo:

3. Radchadtrinidad

Radchadtrinidad Member

Truck:
    86 pickup
    Oh really? That's lame man! I'll keep that in mind, you think 1 or 2 degrees would still be unsafe?

4. 1lowSr5

1lowSr5 Addict

Truck:
    I wouldn't go more than about 2 deg.most cars have a stock camber in the rear of about 1.5 deg so a side wall can and will compensate for about 2 degrees. I'll see if I can get a picture for you of where to add the wishbone spacers.

5. Radchadtrinidad

Radchadtrinidad Member

Truck:
    86 pickup
    Okay cool thanks

6. 1lowSr5

1lowSr5 Addict

Truck:
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG] follow the UCA back and where it mounts it will have spacers, they use these when aligning the front end. Most parts stores sell these spacers, just remember, the spacers that are already there are there for a reason so add to the stack. Also to much added and the thread amount on the bolt holding the UCA on is less and the threat of the bolt coming out while driving is higher... :waytogo: