TIRES FOR FUNCTION

Discussion in 'Wheels/Tires' started by Christian Escobar, May 17, 2017.

1. Christian Escobar

Christian Escobar Member

So I'm planning on getting new tires for the mini. My question is what are the largest tires i can get without rubbing? I'm considering lowering the suspension, I DO NOT WANT TO STANCE OR CAMBER OR SLAM IT. I want to lower the truck to lower the center of gravity so it won't lean so much while cornering. Im leaning over a performance setup. P.S it is my daily, so nothing to crazy please :) I'm new to mini trucks so if this sounds dumb or if I'm asking dumb questions my fault lol but I'm trying to learn.

so what do you guys got? Any advise will be greatly appreciated :)

Attached Files:

2. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    I've have found Copper tires to be the best wear & handling tires for every day driving
    On my truck I run Sumitomo 18x240, this is a HTRZ rated tire, performance

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  3. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Depends what size wheel. But if you plan on lowering to prevent roll then im going to guess a 3" drop. Id recommend 195/60 on the 14" steelies

4. Christian Escobar

Christian Escobar Member

3" drop all around? Sound good :) but my rear end is slightly higher than my front end, is this the OEM setup? or does the OEM suspension come even between the front and rear? Of course that means that i have to lower the rear more, maybe 4"? 5"? to get them both even. also if i try to put anything on the bed, will the ride weight be effected by the added weight on the bed? will the tired rub? how does that work?

5. Christian Escobar

Christian Escobar Member

also what company/brand lowering kits do you guys recommend? i herd about DJM but they DO NOT BOLT on like they claimed they do. i herd off bell tech and good reviews by other guys with minis. I'm want to also upgrade the rear and front star bars, control arms, shocks etc.

6. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Might have to do a 3/5 drop to get it level. That ass end is way up there.

And yea loading up the bed will affect the height,

7. Mattyp902wd

Mattyp902wd Newbie

Truck:
    90 xcab
    Grab a 4" block kit for the rear and see how it sits, looks like someone had adjusted your front or something is worn out, that azz is way to high.

8. Christian Escobar

Christian Escobar Member

yeah, i was assuming the guy the a bought it from messed with the rear...

9. yotaman95

yotaman95 Enthusiast

Truck:
    1995 single cab
    For lowering I would go beltec drop spindles and either 4 in blocks from beltec or beefedtaco makes good blocks as well. If you wanna go lower than that you could flip your lower ball joint. I would say that's a good start. For handling I would get a fresh set of sway end links.

10. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    A standard 3" block will still give you suspension travel so the ride isn't terrible. Couple that with drop spindles and a 1 ton front sway bar and you'll have a truck that handles decent and still rides well.

I run 205/50 front and 225/45 rear on 17" wheels. Not crazy and they handle well. Handling is what I built my truck for 100% and it's my daily driver as well so it is functional.