tires and rims

Discussion in 'Wheels/Tires' started by craigdbl, Nov 28, 2011.

1. craigdbl

craigdbl Guest

I went to check out some rims and tires.I tried a 225x45x17--I'm lowered 3inches all the way around and the front would have to be lowered another 2inches to look good with this setup. Any ideas to get the tucked under look w/o lowering more. bags or bigger rims maybe?

2. OldSchool84DevilLux

OldSchool84DevilLux Enthusiast

Truck:
    1984 Toyota Sr5 PU Xtra Cab(Hilux)
    Bags and bigger rims! 2 in drop spindles or you cant lay out those are next on my list so I can.

3. eurofreak2002

eurofreak2002 Toyotaholic

Truck:
    80 STD SR5 LB, bagged! The new whip!
    If your not planning on bagging it then Id go with an 18. If you plan on baggin it then for now get the drop spindles (if you dont already have them) and stick with the 17. I got 17's on my bagged 91 and think they are great leaves plenty of room for everything.

4. craigdbl

craigdbl Guest

Yea, I think I'm gunna have to bag it before I get the rims/tires. I have 2' spindles on it. I did'nt want to crank the tor bars anymore.Thanks

5. SD YOTA

SD YOTA Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    2000 Toyota Tacoma 2wd
    you dont have to crank on your bars too much........... re-key the bars and regain some rigidity from the bars.

you can do about 4" all the way around, tuck, and still be relatively safe. if you wanna tuck tires all the way around, make sure your offset will allow it. you can flare the 2wd fenders up front quite a bit.

sunset joe's truck sported this relative drop and wheel size real nice!!! if you look for his build thread i know he posted what specs it was rollin on. :waytogo:

6. SD YOTA

SD YOTA Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    2000 Toyota Tacoma 2wd