the Official Pablito Build thread

Discussion in '1989-1995 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by Bobby Pootz, May 12, 2018.

1. Bobby Pootz

Bobby Pootz Newbie

Truck:
    1994 Toyota Pickup
    This is the Official Pablito Build thread

After totaling my C10 (Pablo) I ended up with this 1994 Pickup, I've always been a Toyota junkie and have owned the following - 73 Land Cruiser, 93 Land Cruiser, 05 Tundra, 09 Tacoma, 15 Tundra

My best friend growing up had an 86 that he dropped back in high school which was a hand me down from his pops. I also worked for his pops and drove this series of pickup, so being retro minded this was my next project.

This is as basic as it gets, 22RE engine, 5 speed, and that's about it. Pretty sure it was the cheapest truck available in 1994.

So here is the build as it progresses. Figure I'd document as much as possible for people who might want a reference.

2. Bobby Pootz

Bobby Pootz Newbie

Truck:
    1994 Toyota Pickup
    Here's the pics after getting it. It was all beat up, previous owner was a dirt biker. But it's all good, it's a daily driver and I also have a KTM and do handy man work on the side so I don't care of the overall condition as long as it's all there! OG Toy 1.jpg OG Toy 2.jpg OG Toy 3.jpg OG Toy 4.jpg OG Toy 5.jpg OG Toy 6.jpg OG Toy 2.jpg

3. Bobby Pootz

Bobby Pootz Newbie

Truck:
    1994 Toyota Pickup
  4. Bobby Pootz

Bobby Pootz Newbie

Truck:
    1994 Toyota Pickup
    Next up was adding a Tachometer, I can't believe one didn't come stock. So I mounted an Auto Meter 2300 that I picked up from Amazon, found a place on the steering column that would be the least intrusive. I picked the middle between the gas gauge and the speedo in which I'll never see the speeds of 90+, it's just not made to be a high speed demon.

The install was fairly straight forward, found the spot, marked where I needed to mount it. Predrilled the holes for the tach mount as I didn't want to break the plastic. The ground used the same ground as the LED's and the power and light wires were both combined and ran to the same 12V in the dash as the LEDs. The lead wire that gathers the info was super easy, the IG+ is located between the fuse box and diagnostics box under the hood. Tach 1.jpg Tach 2.jpg Tach 3.jpg Tach 4.jpg Tach 5.jpg Tach 6.jpg

Part from -

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009SQL2E/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

5. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    I really like those LEDs you used for the footwell lighting. I used the same one, just in warm white

6. Bobby Pootz

Bobby Pootz Newbie

Truck:
    1994 Toyota Pickup
    I have them on all the time the truck on so I thought white might be too much. Cause the output is impressive!

7. Bobby Pootz

Bobby Pootz Newbie

Truck:
    1994 Toyota Pickup
    Next phase is new wheels. Ended up with the classic wagon wheels with Mastercraft MC440 tires.

Allied 51 (AW51) 15 x 7 wheels, 5 on 4.5 with a medium offset
    Mastercraft MC440 205-65/15 tires Tires 1.jpg Tires 2.jpg

8. Bobby Pootz

Bobby Pootz Newbie

Truck:
    1994 Toyota Pickup
    Safety First! The truck came with blacked out tail lights, I was never a fan, so I changed them out to clear lens with a blacked out inside. I wanted to have as much brake lights as possible. So I ordered a pair of the following from Amazon - Anzo USA 211132 Toyota Pickup Black Tail Light Assembly

You can't really tell by the picture but the new taillights are much brighter, the fit and finish were perfect, one of the better upgrades! Taillight 11.jpg Taillight 21.jpg Taillight 31.jpg