t-bar and blocks question

Discussion in 'Suspension/Chassis' started by mntbiker2008, Apr 19, 2007.

1. mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 Member

Truck:
    93 yota pretaco 4x4
    im thinking about doing the t-bar tightening and putting the blocks in the back... what should i expect when i do this? rougher ride? also... how hard is it to put the blocks in the back?

thanks

2. slamdtaco

slamdtaco Super Moderator Staff Member

Truck:
    84-88 extra cab soon
    it may ride a little rougher, but not too bad. also depends on high much you turn them/how high you go. installing blocks is a piece of cake.

3. Litneon

Litneon Super Moderator Staff Member

Truck:
    94 xtra cab
    Well, if you crank the torsion bars, you move the front suspension lower in it's available wheel travel (closer to full droop). This does two things, it may change your alignment, and it will make it easier for the tires to leave the ground when you hit a bump.

As far as the blocks are concerned, they are an easy install with the only possible drawback being a possible increase in axle wrap and axle wrap leads to wheelhop. Lots of people use them because they are inexpensive, but they can cause problems.

I would say though that you should go ahead and do both though, neither will hurt you and it will make you really happy when you get the funds to go big.:D

4. mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 Member

Truck:
    93 yota pretaco 4x4
    to get the blocks in would all i need to do is jack the rear end up and put them in that way? will i need to do any other modifications or anything? where exactly do they go? im picturing them going in between the leaf springs... maybe im wrong? and yes... im not going to be buying anything for a while so i can save up for my big lift! :D

5. mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 Member

Truck:
    93 yota pretaco 4x4
    here are some pics of what i think im doing... tell me if im wrong or not...

These are going to be repled with the new blocks..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is what im going to be tightening...

up by the tire
    [​IMG]

or back by the transfer case
    [​IMG]

tell me if im wrong... im hoping to do this this weekend giving the weather cooperates with me..

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  6. 79muttyota

79muttyota Enthusiast

Truck:
    79 sr5
    the blocks go between the leaf spring and the axle, not in between the leaves. As far as the t-bars go, there is a bolt attached to the bar on the tranny x-member. you will need to turn the nut clockwise and it will raise the height of the truck. Just be sure to mark the bar with a sharpie so you can tell how far the bar rotates so you can match the other bar. Make sure you lift the truck up to get the tension off of the bars before you start. After you are done, take the truck around the block to let the bars settle and remeasure the to see if the ride height went down any. If so, tighten the bars a little more.:)