stuck and no way out

Discussion in 'Maintenance/Repair' started by Lilshanes87slammer, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Lilshanes87slammer

Lilshanes87slammer Newbie

Truck:
    92 bagged notched tubbed bags on bars 4link
    So I bought a bagged Toyota yay!!!!! But no, ****s been trouble since I have had it. Front end is ****ing mangled and they of course cut it up to straighten( first problem). Anyways that's a quick fix with purchase of a new clip.(main problem) electrical is so janky the compressors were wired super ****ty so I'm fixing that but i I can't figure out why they had two fuses in between each compressor? I get the whole idea to keep the current low and make sure it don't blow any vital component. But in my mind why fuses? And after replacing a dozen over and over I said hell with it and just cut them out. Now its stationary in the driveway needing some attention, I will rewire it all up and just connect them for a quick sec but now the compressors don't engage when no fuses are between the two? I do have a sub and amp plus a Jensen screen so I understand more volts is needed to supply all power to run everything smoothly but how do I obtain this? Dual battery or bigger alternator is what I'm told. Pics soon so y'all can see my hell thx.

2. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Bigger alt is necessary for more amps.

Just completely rewire the compressors from front to back. Its not hard at all

3. raylcc

raylcc Addict

Truck:
    89 Regular Cab. The weirdo with the stock suspension.
    If you are blowing fuses all the time, Its either a fuse that is too low an amperage for the draw of the component or a short somewhere. I agree with jetas: Re-wire the whole thing so you know its right and be done with it. About more power: I would recommend doing both. Upgrade to a higher amp alternator AND running dual batteries if you can. You can often get by with one, but its not ideal. You can get it, just be patient and it'll all come together.

4. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    There should only be two wires on the compressors. Ground and 12V. Run the fuse as close to the battery as tou can. Also make sure you run a relay to each comp and trigger them off of the pressure switch.