South Florida 1994 Yota Standard Cab build

Discussion in '1989-1995 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by jblaust, Feb 1, 2016.

1. jblaust

jblaust Veteran

Truck:
    1994 Pickup Standard Cab Base 22RE Manual
    If you already have extended studs and spacers, then your good. That is what I need now with the 16x9's. 16x8's should clear no problem and sit flush. Mine are on hold for a minute, while I get my $ right. I considered going 16x8 to try and avoid some of the fitment issues I am having now with the 16x9. That extra inch dish sucked me over to the dark side. :evil::headbang:

2. jblaust

jblaust Veteran

Truck:
    The 15mm billet spacers did not work because my existing studs where too long and went all the way through the spacer. Rim wont go on like that. My only option now if I want to get this rim on is to run extended studs all around with standard spacers. This is on hold for now.

3. jblaust

jblaust Veteran

Truck:
    Just finished installing the LCE headers finally. Also installed new exhaust studs, LCE block off plates and eliminated some of the emissions BS. When I eliminated the EGR Temp sensor I used a 10k resistor in the plug from the harness. No check engine cels have been thrown since I installed everything. I used to get a random check engine code 71 EGR before. To fix this I would get on the expressway and cruise and it would clear itself within 2 miles like clockwork every time. I since have eliminated the EGR completely. Which reminds me. Before I installed the header and decided to delete the EGR. I bought a brand new OEM EGR and EGR Modulator. I paid close to $300 for Toyota OEM. If anybody wants it, I never installed them. They are new in the box $150 shipped anywhere in the US. My loss is your gain.

The Headers look nice and sound nice. I also had the exhaust welded up in the back. Im running a straight pipe (no cat) that came with the Headers and I had all the connections welded instead of using the clamps that came in the kit. The truck definitely pulls a little bit harder now and it has a more raspy tone to it with the headers. I like it alot and am now going to focus on cleaning up and dressing up my engine bay a little more. Next step is to powder coat the intake either black with silver EFI on top or silver with black EFI on top. Im also going to eliminate and hide more of the vacuum lines and delete the charcoal canister. Future plans are an upgraded alternator and electric fans.

Thanks to SD YOTA and White Trash for taking my late night phone calls for assistance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  4. jblaust

jblaust Veteran

Truck:
    Anybody know what OEM throttle body upgrades their are from other toyota engines that is plug and play with 22RE intake? Supra? Lexus? Celica?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  5. twizted1

twizted1 Addict

Truck:
    '89 xcab 2wd
    toyota had two different length lugs, idk if the 4x4 ones are longer, that would be 3 different lengths. . check rockauto.com ..
    i found this out when i replaced a few lugs that had got crossed threaded at the tire shop on my 89.

maybe it would be enough for you to clear with the 10mm spacers?

jblaust likes this.
  6. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    Arp sells extended studs for a lexus ls300 (?) whatever the smaller 4 door rear wheel drive lexus car is from the late 90's-mid 2000's sue me I'm tired. :lol: Anyway someone on here used them, they have the right spline length and size to use on a pickup.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  7. jblaust

jblaust Veteran

Truck:
    I was looking at some extended studs on ebay. Right now I shifted gears and am working on getting my current rims repainted professionally. I will revisit making new rims fit later.

8. jblaust

jblaust Veteran

Truck:
    So my idle dropped a little since I installed the header. I'm around 600 rpm with the Ac on. I was always around 1000 rpm before so idles smooth. What should I check first? What's the best way to adjust the idle?

9. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    There is a idle air bleeder to the drivers side of the hottest body that will need a flat tip screwdriver to turn. If I remember right you'll have to back it out to change the idle.

Did you leave the idle up solenoid in place and functional when you eliminated the emissions crap?

10. jblaust

jblaust Veteran

Truck:

Yes I left the idle up solenoid. You mean the idle air screw on the throttle body?

11. jblaust

jblaust Veteran

Truck:
    I just ordered a new intake, that I'm going to have powder coated. Im going to clean it thoroughly and clean my throttle body thoroughly before I reinstall everything. I'm also changing the the Idle Air screw with one from LCE along with new gaskets, injectors, plugs, TPS sensor, cap, rotor, 8.5 mm magnecore wires and a 16 inch electric 3000 cfm fan. Full tune up! Going to clean up some more of the vacuum lines when I get in there again also. I should get the idle straightened out by the time I get done. Its not a major issue right now. Header is tapping on the torsion bar a little also. Going to have to see if I can adjust it some. LCE makes it come very close to the torsion. Besides that everything seems fine. Truck drives nice so far on my daily commute.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  12. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    Yup it should only take a little bit to bring the idle up.

13. jblaust

jblaust Veteran

Truck:
    Just got my new 4 runner door panels. They cover the whole door all the way up to the
    window instead of half way like my old ones. These arent in perfect condition, but they will be after I wrap them in black crush velvet. They are going to look nice when Im done. I also ordered new Door handles and window cranks.

[​IMG]

My trip to the local Upick today

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Picked up some 14" stocks off CL so I can get my rims repainted and also so I can have full size OEM spares on standby.

[​IMG]

Cleaned them up and got some cheap tires for them!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  14. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    People pay money for stock steel wheels? :lol: I couldn't tell you how many sets I've sent to the scrapper over the years.

15. jblaust

jblaust Veteran

Truck:

It is impossible to find a good set in the big city when you need them. They usually turn up when you arent looking though. I have been looking for a set since I bought the truck. Found plenty online but shipping kills that deal real quick! When I finally saw these 14's from a 98 taco local on CL I had to jump on them.

twizted1 likes this.
  16. jblaust

jblaust Veteran

Truck:
    Working on my door panels today. I traded my original half cardboard door panels for full cardboard 4runner door panels that go all the way up to the window (no painted surface can be seen on the door). Now Im in the process of wrapping them with black crush velvet material. I may wrap the dash at a later date also. Im also going to carpet the back of the cab. I will post pics of the final product installed later. Thank you to my wife who did most of the detail work to make sure it looked nice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  17. jblaust

jblaust Veteran

Truck:
    This is where Im at with the door panels. Still finishing up the drivers door now. Then moving on to the pillars and kick panels as my next project later. Im also going to try to dye wrap or paint the door handles to match better. Or just replace them with black ones if they exist. I have never seen a stock black Toyota pickup or 4runner interior. I also got rid of my 6x9 boxes and added 6.5's in the doors to make space for the SR5 center console that I haven't mounted in place yet. Thinking of using a crown royal bag as my shift boot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  18. jblaust

jblaust Veteran

Truck:
    Sweet! I found black interior handles new for $16 shipped for the pair. Still need to wrap or dye the grab handle thing. The goal is to get everything on the sides and behind the cab switched to black.

19. jblaust

jblaust Veteran

Truck:
    Just a little video of where Im at with the truck right now. Some nice changes coming to the engine bay soon!

Last edited: May 8, 2016
  20. KERTWOOD

KERTWOOD Enthusiast

Truck:
    92 Street Truck
    Where did you get the bed cover?