should i swap my seats?

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by standardbyker88, Feb 5, 2010.

1. standardbyker88

standardbyker88 Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    78 lolux and an 89 ramcharger
    i have some 77ish corolla seats in my 78 right now. i found a set of minty celica supra white clothes today i think would look cool in there. my corollas arent super comfy and the driver side tear has gotten worse. and the vinyl melts my pretty little skin in the sun :ROFL:

so help me choose. mounting should be a simple swap or maybe drill a couple holes. they were damp so i didnt sit down. plus i was filthy. lol. they have like no rips though. ill go in the morning probably and get them. either way, one set or the other will be for sale in the seattle area soon. lol.

what i have now. with a larger rip. and ive put a new console, speakers and shifter arm. but you get the idea.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

heres the ones at the yard. i could incorporate more white easily. i already have a white headliner and visors
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and saw this out front. for the haters. haha.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 73TRD

73TRD Veteran

Truck:
    84 sr5 standard cab short bed, 73 hilux short bed
    i like the black ones. keeps the classic look. but comfort is a must. i say try it out

i found a pair of black corrado buckets at pick-n-pull. im gonna buy them if theyre still there when my taxes come in.

3. CurtisZ

CurtisZ Addict

Truck:
    1978 Pickup Longbed
    I kind of agree the black ones probably would look a little better with the orange...

But... it's your truck... and if it is or will be the daily... go with what is *most* comfortable!

4. CurtisZ

CurtisZ Addict

Truck:
    1978 Pickup Longbed
    I wonder if that headlight grill combo would work with the 79-83 type of pickups... hmm... Would probably look better than trying to convert the 78- headlights and grill... Just a thought...