Shock question

Discussion in 'Suspension/Chassis' started by LAYNLOW, Oct 18, 2015.

1. LAYNLOW

LAYNLOW Veteran

Truck:
    93 Toyota Pickup 2wd
    Hey guys. Ive posted threads before and got great and helpful feedback so i need another opinion.....i have kyb shocks on the front but they seem to be TOO soft
    Are the belltech nitro drop shocks a better route..maybe offer a lesser soft ride? I have the bellteck drop spindles up front n thats all. Just in a heavy turn or dips the tires rub.

2. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    I have kyb monomax all around and the front isn't too bad. They are a decent match to 1 ton torsion bars. If i stick with the standard type shock up front this winter I'll switch to 67-69 camaro shocks. They are a touch shorter but valved for a V8 in a heavier car.

3. 390armstrong

390armstrong Member

Truck:
    90 xcab 3.0 vze
    I dont know but i have djm calmax shocks....and im on 2in belltech drop spindles and balljoint flip with spacers and re-indexed torsion bar re-key, on 18s with a 35 tire and i have the same issue so dont go djm......its only on big dips too.

4. LAYNLOW

LAYNLOW Veteran

Truck:
    93 Toyota Pickup 2wd
    Also for the back i have air shocks. Yeh or neh? I have 4" blocks on the back. Was lookn at lowering leaf springs and was wondering if i should go a different route shock wise. Was thinkn maybe keep them to allow for hauling.add more air to compensate for the weight drop? Lmk if im making a good decision? Still learning new things as i go

5. LAYNLOW

LAYNLOW Veteran

Truck:
    93 Toyota Pickup 2wd
    Wow you guys r fast lol. Got done typing and bam..2 answers already... thanks White & 390...

@ White...is theyre any modification to be done with the camero shock install or will i get lucky enough to swap in and out?

6. 390armstrong

390armstrong Member

Truck:
    90 xcab 3.0 vze
    Search camaro shocks, i think they do have to be modifired but its sounded very simple when i looked it up.

7. LAYNLOW

LAYNLOW Veteran

Truck:
    93 Toyota Pickup 2wd
    Cool deal. Thanks bud

8. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    If you can do minor fabrication I wouldn't waste your time with drop leaves. Get some 4x4 leaves from the same generation truck and shorten the shackle a bit. It's a good match and considerably cheaper than new packs. I'm happy with my shocks as a whole but if you already have air shocks and your happy with them I see no need to swap them.

9. LAYNLOW

LAYNLOW Veteran

Truck:
    93 Toyota Pickup 2wd
    I did lol all the pick n save junkyard had was 4x4 93's. The previous owner has already shortened the shackles to the max. My main goal is to go as low as possible w/o bagging..ive researched on here and have some ideas. I just need to figure this front shock problem out..i was looking at the camero shocks and from what i understand there is little modding envolved. Goi g to price check things and see what my kids allow me to spend lol

10. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    Drop arms up front and blocks out back but you'll need a notch to clear the rear for sure.

11. Strider

Strider Member

Probably a stupid question but what KYB's do you have? The Gas-a-Just are softer than the MonoMax. MonoMax are red while the Gas-a-Just's are silver. The old Gas-a-Just's I ran on my domestic cars were white.

12. LAYNLOW

LAYNLOW Veteran

Truck:
    93 Toyota Pickup 2wd
    They r the gas a justs.