Seats again ?

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by josealex1636, Jul 2, 2012.

1. josealex1636

josealex1636 Veteran

Truck:
    83 Toyota Pickup
    I posted a thread a while back about what type of seats while fit my 83 toyota pickup almost close to perfect but do you guys think sparco buckets while be better?

2. 1982rn34

1982rn34 Addict

Truck:
    1982 SR5 RN34
    My preference will always be Recaro. I'm 5'7" and it's a good seat with plenty of side bolsters & very comfortable. Corbeau's (GTS II) are another option. Or, you can do a bucket seat from another Toyota like a 4Runner.

Rick

3. josealex1636

josealex1636 Veteran

Truck:
    83 Toyota Pickup
    With the recaro's I would need to weld the brackets or make new mounts right? The same goes for the 4runner seats?

4. 1982rn34

1982rn34 Addict

Truck:
    1982 SR5 RN34
    Well, back in 1985 when I bought my Recaro's they sold seat tracks specifically for my Toyota. It's been way too long since I've seen factory seat tracks, but you may be able to make them work with an aftermarket seat. You will probably have to re-drill the holes in the seat to make it work.

You are correct about the 4Runner seats. You'll have to drill out new holes in the floor pan.

Hope this info helps!

Rick

5. taki_lalu78

taki_lalu78 Member

if you get buckets from mid 80's from the extra cab the bolt right in all 4 holes

6. TraviigotSWAG

TraviigotSWAG Newbie

Truck:
    1977 Toyota Hilux longbed
    Hi i just got a 77 hilux regular cab and i need seats for it. I was windering what seats would fit in it from another car?

7. jaybee

jaybee Addict

Truck:
    1987 yota truck
    ive seen honda civic seats fit alost perfectly...just minor adjustment...or even old celica..

8. Spacemonkee23

Spacemonkee23 Newbie

I'm sorry for bringing an old thread back but I just got my first yoda, 77 lux and need to get some buckets in here. The current bench is trash and the previous owner just tossed a tarp over the "foam" I'm pretty much sitting on springs, plus its my daily now. So far people have been saying that mid 80s buckets will fit, others Civic or celica, what year seats on the civic? I'm new to yodas but not to minis. My mazda has some Dodge neon seats 3 out of 4 bolts line up... any other seats that don't require bolting through? Thanks

9. slickboy59

slickboy59 Member

Truck:
    86 base
    I put seats from a mid 90's celica in my reg cab. Only one minor adjustment to one of the bolt tabs, the other 3 were a direct fit.

10. standardbyker88

standardbyker88 Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    78 lolux and an 89 ramcharger
    Most toyotas I have seen mount the same way. 2 vertical holes in the back and 2 horizontal holes in the front on a rail across the floor. Not all trucks have the inner holes for buckets, but the outer can usually line up to whatever goes in.

So being that all toyotas mount about the same, they should be the first to look for donor seats from. Celicas and corollas had cool seats, so did many of the tercel wagons. I have 77 corolla seats in my 78 hilux. They were there when I got it. I put 86 MR2 seats in my old 92 2wd and only had to drill a few holes.

Use big washers for any holes through the rear floor to spread the load of motion and possible wrecks.

11. standardbyker88

standardbyker88 Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    78 lolux and an 89 ramcharger
    I do plan to swap out to something more sporty. Preferably in black leather or some kind of race seat fabric. I always liked the look of recaros and corbeaus but have only seen them come stock in some high end US stuff or mostly german cars like old porches. Craigslist might turn up some cool stuff.

12. Spacemonkee23

Spacemonkee23 Newbie

Thanks for the input, I will prob head over to the JY some time soon and see if I can grab something that will fit.