Seat options

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by tpence, May 20, 2008.

1. tpence

tpence Newbie

Truck:
    1988 Toyota pickup
    Hi everyone. I have a 88 toyota longbed 2WD that I have had for about 5 years now. I have used it alot as a work truck but have decided it deserves a makeover. It has the bench seat in it but I would like to swap this out for buckets. Does anyone know how difficult it would be to use seats from a 1999-2004 Mustang GT. Anyone have any pictures? Thanks.

2. Yodaforce

Yodaforce Member

You can use buckets out of just about anything, you would just have to modify the mounting brackets to make them work. I have used alot of Honda seats, and seats out of sports cars. Cut, weld, bend, etc... It's not too dificult. The hardest part is getting them to sit how you like in the truck. Most sit pretty low to the floor, so you'll end up making the brackets a little taller. It's also good to get them to bolt into the factory locations in the floor. If you get into an accident, you don't want your seat tearing out of the floor with you in it.

3. glen

glen Member

Truck:
    stock for now 87 yota 4-speed
    I got some honda civic seats in my 87 $50 a pair and pretty easy to put in .

4. 88Sandshark

88Sandshark Toyotaholic

Truck:
    Should have kept... '88 4x4 22RE
    What year?! Were they a stock fit?! If not, I guess I could bribe someone with a 4Runner parts car for his, OE fit and finish!:D I'm really want to switch, my 4x4 has the vinyl bench and the AC is defective right now, so summer's a b****.:evil: I need a new job...

5. MacRib

MacRib Enthusiast

Truck:
    90 4runner, 94 standard cab, 90 standard cab STOLEN
    I had 94 civic seats in my 87 4wd. They were comfortable! I did have to bend the tabs down a little where the seat bolt to the floor and drill 2 holes since the truck originally had a bench. To adjust the height I used longer bolts in the rear and about a 1" spacer to level out the seat. Good Luck!

6. 88Sandshark

88Sandshark Toyotaholic

Truck:
    When I last checked, my truck does have the holes where OE buckets would have been, two of which are where my seatbelts are bolted on. And these civic seats you are talking about are the ones with the single head rest mount offset to the sides?

7. phil03

phil03 Enthusiast

Truck:
    93 pick-up
    i just got seats from a 1991 4runner, has anyone put those in, if so how did the installing go, i havent put them in yet cuz i wanna shampoo them kind of dirty, how much modifying am i gonna have to do?

8. 88Sandshark

88Sandshark Toyotaholic

Truck:
    Soon as I have the money, I want to do the seat swap in my truck, but I won't install them untill I can get the carpet. Thanks to my Performance Corner catalogue, I can swap that full vinyl interior for all cloth, Pro-line makes OE fit carpeting and (who'd want it) vinyl floor replacements.

9. PapaBear1013

PapaBear1013 Addict

Truck:
    1994 Std Cab
    Well I have buckets from a '94 celica & they are SUPER comfy! & I only paid $40 for them. :waytogo:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. PapaBear1013

PapaBear1013 Addict

Truck:
    1994 Std Cab
    As far as I know the buckets from a 4runner should bolt right on without any further mods...but not really sure:shrug:

11. 88Sandshark

88Sandshark Toyotaholic

Truck:
    Did they fit in original holes in the floor, or did you have to drill? They do look comfortable , even from my screen, it shows.

12. PapaBear1013

PapaBear1013 Addict

Truck:
    1994 Std Cab
    I used the original mounting holes but did some slight mods to the brackets so the seats would fit.

13. 88Sandshark

88Sandshark Toyotaholic

Truck:
    Modify how? I may need to do this with mine... The guy who was going to sell me 84-89 4Runner seats crapped out on me and I am sick of my all-vinyl interior, especially in the summer w/ no air conditioning (gave out on me, thinking of R134 conversion).

14. V8_TITAN

V8_TITAN Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 std cab

those are some sick nasty seats my friend ! ill take pics of mine soon.. mine are almost the same but out of a ford ranger 86

15. JOE_1985

JOE_1985 Veteran

Truck:
    87 custom
    85 celica gts seats

[​IMG]

16. Moontang

Moontang Newbie

Truck:
    1986 2wd base truck
    I was going to put in 2001 Mustang GT tan leather seats into my 86 regular cab, until I found some 98 tan cloth Mustang GT seats will these be a bear to do or will it be fairly easy to do?

17. krazyasslunatic

krazyasslunatic Enthusiast

Truck:
    1971 Hilux
    its really not hard man, just drill holes to match up with the new seats and bolt them in

18. standardbyker88

standardbyker88 Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    78 lolux and an 89 ramcharger
    yep. i had 86ish mr2 seats in my old 92 2wd. they were awesome. for my 78 i dunno what i wanna run. im thinkin some plaid buckets from a wagon at the junkyard :ROFL:

19. Evolmotorsports

Evolmotorsports Veteran

Truck:
    1987 RN50 Hilux
    I put in some 92 mr2 buckets, all i had to do was drill some holes, the driver seat is 7 way adjustable.
    [​IMG]

20. pig rig

pig rig Enthusiast

yea I know im bringing back an old thread
    hey I have the same seats yours look like the set a little lower in the front then mine do did you cut off the front mount or just modify it whats the cance of a picture
    also with out the head rest do you beat your head on the rear window I'm thinking of pulling off mine to get them to go back further